Fully Funded Mental Health & Wellbeing Courses for Hospitality and Tourism
Tuesday, January 25, 2022
After a difficult 24 months for the industry, Hospitality Health in collaboration with HIT Scotland are offering a selection of fully funded mental health and wellbeing courses.
The programmes are available to all living and working in Scotland within the hospitality and tourism industry.
A variety of courses offered will supply Managers with necessary tools to support their staff, improve their mental wellbeing and assure them that employees feel supported as the industry bounces back.
The courses are funded through the Tourism Recovery Fund and supported by Skills Development Scotland, and provide opportunities at a variety of levels and include the following:
- Training of staff to deliver ‘In house training’ of Mental Health First Aiders
- Certificated training for staff to become Mental Health First Aiders
- Certificated training for staff to have awareness in wellbeing and mental health issues
- Training for staff to have awareness of resilience techniques
- Training and information for businesses to demonstrate how the culture can change the wellbeing of employees for the better, thereby increasing retention and reducing recruitment
Applications opened on Monday 24th January 2022 and close on Sunday 6th February 2022.
There are only a limited number of places available on each of the programmes, so the advice is to apply right away!