Though a short drive from Glasgow, Cameron House feels a million miles away from everyday life. Set in 400 acres of beautiful Scottish countryside, it's considered one of the country's finest 5-star luxury resorts.
Following an extraordinary restoration to the historical 17th century Baronial mansion, Cameron House Hotel will reopen this summer offering 140 beautiful bedrooms and 24 spectacular suites. Home to 115 luxury lodges, a world-class spa with rooftop infinity pool, 18-hole championship golf course, a range of impressive restaurants and bars, a new state-of-the-art Leisure Club, 124 berth marina, and a choice of exhilarating and relaxing outdoor activities.
For meetings and conferences, Cameron House provides a flexible choice of seven function spaces in a truly memorable setting, while our extensive corporate offering also includes a range of team-building and social activities.
The romantic setting of Loch Lomond also makes Cameron House the perfect place for spectacular weddings. We can tailor bespoke wedding for guests, from intimate celebrations and larger events for up to 400 guests, or anything in between.
Add all the above together, and we have something very special; all that's missing could be you.
THE ROLE - Woodland and Estate Ranger
The eighteen strong estate team are responsible for the maintenance and presentation of our golf courses, gardens, grounds and conservation management - an energetic and enthusiastic team, delivering horticultural excellence in all weathers.
- You will be able to demonstrate a clear knowledge and passion for woodland management and the woodland environment.
- Collate, lead and manage tree surveys resort wide in line with Cameron House tree management policy.
- Take responsibility for the resort Land Management Plan to deliver agreed objectives on behalf of Cameron House & Cameron House Lodges.
- To lead and develop the Land Management Plan in line with Cameron House environmental goals and with the Loch Lomond & Trossachs National Park Authority.
- Pesticides application license and a good knowledge of invasive plant species would be an advantage.
- To work alongside and support the wider Grounds and Estates Teams in and with their respective estate responsibilities, which includes early morning start times and scheduled weekend shift patterns.
- To help communicate and interpret the unique Cameron House natural environment to guests, visitors and colleagues.
- Liaise and engage with local/national stakeholders including the Loch Lomond and Trossachs National Park, Scottish Natural Heritage and others.
- Play a leading role within the Cameron House Green Committee and to drive environmental awareness and best practice.
- Help to maintain estate cleanliness and presentation for all who visit Cameron House to enjoy.
- Manage and reduce all risk and the potential for harm to ensure the safety of yourself, employees, guests and visitors at all times.
- Liaise closely with the Director of Golf Courses & Estates, on behalf of Cameron House and Cameron House Lodges, to further develop, enhance and interpret the beauty and diversity of the 400 acre landscape - and all it has to offer.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
We recruit people with widely varying personalities from different walks of life and backgrounds. While we don't have a typical' employee, there are some specific qualities or traits we look for.
- People who want to achieve great things - your interest in us suggests you have the ambition, drive and determination to meet challenges head on.
- People who are naturally friendly - who genuinely care about our guests and the service they receive.
- People who will always go beyond what our guests expect from us to make their stay a special and memorable one.
- People who show the same level of care for their team, as our guests - It's about supporting our colleagues to be the best they can be and to do the best job they can.
- People who will respect and protect the magical place we work in - it's up to all of us to look after our environment and never take it for granted.
TO BE ELIGIBLE TO APPLY YOU WILL ALSO NEED:
Agriculture, horticulture or land management qualification or equivalent experience
Practical experience of working in a similar role in a similar environment with clear and demonstrable understanding of trees and woodland management
Experience with the use and operation of grass cutting and spraying equipment an advantage
Strong team working skills
Excellent communication skills
Strong problem solver
A firm understanding of Health & Safety
UK Driving Licence
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU?
At Cameron House we can offer fully funded, work-based training and development. Everything from apprenticeships, structured work experience in other businesses and supported scholarships through to graduate programmes, specialist craft training, and formal qualifications up to HND and Degree level.
We offer a generous range of employee benefits and, given what we do and where we are, you'll have plenty of opportunity to make the most of our own five-star facilities. Here's what to expect:
- Free meals when on duty, in our team cafes
- Pension scheme
- Refer-a-friend scheme
- Birthday lunches and long service awards involving recognition with high street shopping vouchers and overnight stays
- Enhanced holidays, rising with long service
- Free Leisure Club Membership, with friends and family discounts.
- Employee care service, offering lifestyle and wellbeing support and counselling via a confidential helpline
- On-site discounts on Cameron House and Cameron Lodges accommodation, 30% off food and beverages, golf membership, spa treatments, Celtic Warrior cruises, outdoor activities and retail products
- Supplier and local business discounts
- Free parking
And while Cameron House itself offers a huge range of activities across 400 acres of Scottish countryside, there's also the wider Loch Lomond and Trossachs National Park on your doorstep - just waiting to be explored in your free time.