At RBH we are looking for exceptional people to provide outstanding service to our guests and who put our people at the heart of everything we do.
The Exciting Opportunity
The Wine Curator is, alongside the Bar Manager, the face of the newly opening destination wine bar at The Westin London City. Being both the hotel's head of all things vinological and a knowledgeable wine presence, the Wine Curator is the person who will drive wine sales through an exciting and engaging presence in the operation. They will conduct wine tastings, develop the wine list in tandem with the Bar Manager, drive the success of the wine club and create a sense of buzz and excitement around each guest interaction - whether on premises or online.
The ideal candidate will be comfortable and will also be expected to ensure successful engagement with any VIP guests or reviewers from online and offline media, PR trips and other publicity opportunities. The Wine Curator, whilst knowledgeable in wines and spirits, will thrive on being a true presence, salesperson and engaging personality. They will also help to run the wine bar in the absence of the bar manager and will also assist in other areas of the business as required, including the restaurant, executive lounge and events.
Duties will include the following:
- Being a face' of the wine bar through engaging service and a passion for driving interest in wine.
- Driving sales in a fun, engaging and entertaining way.
- Running weekly wine club' tastings and developing club ideas.
- Wine list management and supplier engagement.
- Engaging with VIP and PR clients to ensure successful online and offline media presence and reviews.
- Assisting the Bar Manager in the smooth running of the wine bar and food service, including being the senior manager on shift during some periods and on a weekly basis.
- Working in other areas of the business as required - Restaurant, Executive Lounge, Events and others.
- Proactively suggesting areas for service or product enhancements and playing their part in implementing these.
What Are We Looking For?
To be considered for this role you will need:
- Exceptional knowledge of wines and wine service.
- Strong spirits/general beverage knowledge.
- Experience in food and beverage service
- Engages with ease in social situations.
- Sales and marketing awareness / development of personal brand.
- Team player who can be flexible and happy to both cover shifts and work in other areas as part of their weekly rota structure.
- Candidate must be able to demonstrate a proven desire to learn about wines and/or spirits and other beverages either on the job or in their own time and be able to talk fluently about a range of wine styles, regions and grapes.
- Experience or knowledge of sales and marketing interventions.
- Experience with and comfortable in personal branding / engagement with influencers or other media personalities.
- Certificate or diploma in beverage/food/service preferred.
- WSET qualification is highly desirable.
N.B. we are expecting high volumes of applications for this role and additional screening questions have been included in the initial application process. We will not be accepting applications made by direct email, messages on LinkedIn or unsolicited CV's via recruiters/agency.
Where Will You Be Working?
The Westin London City Hotel & Residences will be a key part of the redevelopment of the former Queensbridge House site, as well as an independently operated destination restaurant. The site stretches from Queenhithe Dock - the oldest in London - and runs north to south, bridging across Upper Thames Street and giving it a prominent position over one of the primary arterial routes through the City of London. Highly visible from the South Bank, the hotel will also benefit from panoramic views over the River Thames and will complete the northern riverbank walkway between the Tower of London and Millennium Bridge.
The hotel will be the first under Marriott's Westin brand in the UK. The hotel's 222 guest rooms, including 10 suites and Presidential Suite, are designed to offer guests a nature-inspired respite in the centre of a bustling city, expertly balancing a calming palette of natural colours with contrasting tones, textures and materials. The development also includes a fitness and leisure suite, conference facilities, plus a restaurant and wine bar with spectacular views over the River Thames.
The hotel will feature an indoor swimming pool, idyllic 375m² spa and WestinWORKOUT® fitness studio with state-of-the-art TRX® exercise equipment. In addition, 830m² of ultra-modern meeting and event space will be available, including a Junior Ballroom and four meeting rooms, as well as a 24-hour business centre.
What's In It For You?
People love to work with RBH because
- We focus on health, wellbeing and our communities
- Our people are truly engaged at work
- There's open, clear communication from the top
- We've got great career development opportunities
- There's a culture of transformation and innovation
We will give you a competitive salary and opportunities to learn new skills and grow your career. You will receive a benefits package that includes;
- Everyday discounts from high street retailers
- Opportunities to be involved in charity and community events
- Career opportunities, training and help with course fees
- Discounted hotel room rates for you AND your friends and family that will make you really popular!
- Incentive programmes
- Flexible working arrangements because we know your life comes first
- Free meals on duty
- Healthcare plans and Insurance plans (just in case)
The Bigger Picture
With a real focus on performance, people, quality, profit and communities at RBH we transform hotels.
RHB is an independent hotel management company, working in partnership with six of the most prestigious hotel brands including IHG, Hilton, Starwood, Accor, Marriott and Wyndham. At RBH we stand out from our peers, transforming hotels to perform exceptionally.
So if you have the ambition to continuously improve, deliver results with excellence, show that you care and act with integrity then come and join us, this is just the job for you!