- Job Reference: 00026669-1
- Date Posted: 9 February 2024
- Recruiter: The National Trust for Scotland
- Location: Edinburgh, Hermiston Quay
- Salary: On Application
- Bonus/Benefits: £30,239 - £33,279 pro-rata, per annum & EBCU £3,800 per annum
- Sector: Retail, Temp, Interim & Seasonal, Venue, Attraction, Travel and Entertainment, Customer Service
- Job Type: Permanent
The primary objective of the Visual Merchandiser role is to support the consistent delivery of excellent visual merchandising and sales floor standards across all sites. By working collaboratively with the property teams, the post holder will ensure that our shops are displaying products in an exciting and enticing way, with the ultimate goal of maximising retail sales and profit. This will be achieved through a combination of policy, procedure and guideline development, and hands on in-store support of implementation with the property teams, with the latter being the predominant focus of the role. This role also carries the responsibility of developing the visual merchandising strategy, which will play its part in the delivery of the retail strategy and communicating the retail vision within each property. As a part of the retail management team, this role is involved in planning and delivery of the retail strategy, ensuring the profitability of the retail business.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
• Work alongside property colleagues to develop and implement the visual direction of all retail locations, ensuring a consistent application of our brand whilst appealing to the specific visitor demographic of each property.
• Support property teams to deliver a consistent visual merchandising look and feel, creating appealing and eye-catching product displays, through hands on support and coaching where required.
• Working collaboratively with the property teams, manage the application of all shop merchandising: either through onsite visits, working with property teams, or through issuing guidance for operational delivery.
• Decision making and problem solving on product locations, using expertise and initiative to maximise income and profits, while considering stock availability and ongoing management of displays.
• Identify VM training needs and work with the Organisation Development team to deliver appropriate training methods in a timely manner.
• Identify display equipment requirements, source appropriate solutions, and manage implementation in line with an agreed budget.
• Support the retail team with store refurbishments from design through to merchandising ahead of reopening.