Visitor Services Assistant - Housekeeping
- Job Reference: 00026559-1
- Date Posted: 2 February 2024
- Recruiter: The National Trust for Scotland
- Location: Brodie Castle
- Salary: On Application
- Bonus/Benefits: £22,672 pro-rata, per annum
- Sector: Temp, Interim & Seasonal, Venue, Attraction, Travel and Entertainment, Customer Service
- Job Type: Permanent
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
To maximise visitor enjoyment of Brodie Castle by delivering the highest standards of housekeeping, and customer care across public facilities.
Brodie Castle and Estate is situated in the parish of Dyke and Moy, Morayshire and boasts thousands of visitors each year. The castle has been in the care of the National Trust for Scotland since 1979 and opened its doors to the public for the first time in 1980. Within Brodie Castle there are historic interiors of exceptional quality, which contain fine plaster ceilings and collections of international significance.
Brodie Estate is also home to The Playful Garden which contains a fascinating menagerie of characters inspired by the castle’s quirky and colourful history, including Scotland’s biggest bunny sculpture.
The post-holder is responsible, with the support of the Housekeeping and Holiday – Let Supervisor for delivering the highest standards of housekeeping across public facilities and staff office spaces.
The Key Purposes of the post will be met by ensuring all public facilities and office spaces are cleaned and presented by the highest possible standard.
Undertaking the routine cleaning and housekeeping of domestic and display areas of the property, including but not limited to:
• Vacuuming, sweeping, polishing of floors
• Dusting/polishing of fittings such as panelling, stairs, and doors
• Dusting/wiping of sills, skirting’s, door-frames, and window frames
• Cleaning of windows
• Cleaning of lavatories, sinks, staff-rooms etc
Supporting the use of the property for functions and events by:
o Protecting vulnerable collections;
o Assisting with functions furniture set-up and striking;
o Clearing and cleaning before and after the event.
Holiday Let Accommodation (the Laird’s Wing and other holiday cottages):
Undertaking occasional support in servicing of let accommodation of the property, including but not limited to:
• Vacuuming, sweeping, mopping, polishing of floors
• Dusting of surfaces, fittings, furniture, ornaments, doors
• Cleaning of windows
• Changing of bed linen and towels, and making of beds
• Cleaning of bathroom/toilet areas and fittings
• Cleaning of (let) kitchen/scullery areas and equipment
• Checking functionality of lighting, heating, TV/radio etc
• Replenishing of welcome/hospitality trays, and consumables
• Checking of collections and domestic inventories during changeover – specifically in the Laird’s Apartment.