Visitor Services Assistant - Housekeeping
- Job Reference: 00026565-1
- Date Posted: 2 February 2024
- Recruiter: The National Trust for Scotland
- Location: Brodick Castle
- Salary: On Application
- Bonus/Benefits: £22,672 pro-rata, per annum
- Sector: Temp, Interim & Seasonal, Venue, Attraction, Travel and Entertainment, Customer Service
- Job Type: Permanent
To clean and maintain areas in Brodick Castle, the Woodland Café, the Red Squirrel Kiosk and Shore Lodge Bunkhouse including the toilets at Brodick Castle, Woodland Café and the Countryside Centre and general cleaning to the staff areas with-in the Castle to include staff toilet, offices, and corridors. The VSA-Cleaner should provide an efficient and effective service through high standards of cleaning and maintenance based on the needs of the properties all year-round including events and functions.
The VSA-Housekeeping is responsible for a wide variety of duties in connection with the cleanliness and maintenance of the property. These duties involve keeping all visitor services areas as always outlined in the Key Purposes of the role clean and functional and following best practice. Cleaning and maintenance of the site is key to ensuring all visitors have a satisfactory visit.
Specific duties include:
• To ensure that a high level of cleanliness is maintained throughout all areas you are responsible for
• Each VSA will be responsible for an area and will be expected to clean to the frequency and standards set out.
• To use cleaning materials appropriately, as instructed and economically; to inform Line Manager when stocks are low.
• To ensure that tools and equipment are in good working order, reporting any faults to Line Manager.
• General cleaning of surfaces (e.g., windowsills, skirtings/facings, and doors) as well as the cleaning of all sanitaryware.
• Replenishing toilet rolls, hand towels, soap etc. daily to always ensure plentiful supply.
• All VSAs are also required to contribute to major deep cleaning tasks during certain periods of the years.
• Empty and clean bins and remove waste to designated area, including the separation of waste, i.e., recycling, and any other duties which are in line with the Castle’s Green Tourism Award standards.
• Complete change overs in the Shore Lodge Bunkhouse.
• Report to Line Manager any defects seen which are likely to affect public experience and security.