Visitor Services Assistant
- Job Reference: 00003077-1
- Date Posted: 9 September 2021
- Recruiter: The National Trust for Scotland
- Location: The Hill House, Helensburgh, G84 9AJ
- Salary: On Application
- Bonus/Benefits: £19,760 pro-rata per annum (£9.50 per hour)
- Sector: Temp, Interim & Seasonal, Venue, Attraction, Travel and Entertainment, Customer Service
- Job Type: Permanent
Purpose of the role
To maximise our visitors’ enjoyment of National Trust for Scotland managed sites by maintaining excellent standards of service, optimising opportunities to gain income and ensuring that the site and its’ assets are safe and secure.
Specifically, to ensure the smooth and safe operations in Admissions, house management, Catering and Events activities making the property the best possible place to visit and work.
We are looking for talented and customer focused individuals to join our team and to help us make The Hill House a 5* Visitor Attraction.
We are looking for people who have experience or a keen interest in Visitor Experience and Scotland’s’ Heritage.
To provide a consistently high standard of visitor care at all times when:
- welcoming visitors to the site and processing their admission/retail or catering purchase in a friendly, efficient and knowledgeable manner.
- welcoming visitors with special needs / impairments and providing a high level of service in accordance with the Equality Act.
- welcoming International visitors and aiding with specific needs.
- welcoming large groups in an efficient and warm manner.
- answering visitors’ queries about the site, education facilities and the local area.
- housekeeping duties.
- assisting in the day to day running of a retail offer.
- providing information about the site, its history, contents, offers and merchandise.
- promoting National Trust for Scotland brand to include our Membership scheme, events, upselling other properties and any promotional campaigns, being proactive in the selling of Membership and Gift Aid.
To maintain excellent standards of site and personal presentation at all times:-
- the general ongoing operational cleaning of all areas as necessary, toilet cleaning, emptying waste bins and as appropriate vacuum cleaning, mopping, sweeping, dusting and polishing where required.
- ensuring site is ready to open and welcome visitors by the set opening time.
- wearing correct uniform, name badges, or PPE as required.
- reporting all instances of damage and wear and tear issues promptly to your line manager.
- working in harmony with other departments; housekeeping, gardening, grounds maintenance and site repair employees/contractors.
Financial Responsibilities -
- To adhere to all financial procedures to include till operation and banking and safeguarding of monies: to implement amendments to standard procedure as instructions may dictate.
- To actively upsell products, services and memberships to facilitate the visitors’ enjoyment.
Health and Safety -
- To ensure site meets with Health and Safety legislation in liaison with your department manager.
- To ensure that visitors vacate the site at close of business and that the site is secured at end of day.
- To use personal protective equipment as provided and directed by your line manager.
• Demonstrable experience in a customer-facing role, delivering impeccable customer care through excellent inter-personal skills.
• Demonstrable experience in a customer-facing role in a heritage environment.
• Demonstrable experience in sales or ticket/event/admissions with experience and confidence undertaking till-work and cash handling/reconciliation.
• Excellent cash handling skills.
• Excellent “front of house” persona – warm, welcoming, patient, understanding.
• Excellent selling skills – adaptable to customer type and product.
• Flexible, helpful outlook to customers and colleagues
The current duties of this job do not require a criminal records (Disclosure Scotland) check to be carried out.
The Key Responsibilities, Scope of Job, and Required Qualifications, Skills, Experience & Knowledge reflect the requirements of the job at the time of issue. The Trust reserves the right to amend these with appropriate consultation and/or request the post-holder to undertake any activities that it believes to be reasonable within the broad scope of the job or his/her general abilities.