Visitor Services Assistant
- Job Reference: 00026670-1
- Date Posted: 9 February 2024
- Recruiter: The National Trust for Scotland
- Location: Branklyn Garden
- Salary: On Application
- Bonus/Benefits: £22,672 pro-rata, per annum
- Sector: Temp, Interim & Seasonal, Venue, Attraction, Travel and Entertainment, Customer Service
- Job Type: Permanent
As a member of our Visitor Services team your job is to give visitors from across the globe a warm welcome to Perth & Kinross and help generate the income that enables us to care for Branklyn Garden.
You will contribute to the smooth and safe running of operations in our Retail & Admissions area by maintaining excellent standards of service, sharing your knowledge about the garden and the products sold in the gift shop and optimising opportunities to generate income including membership sales.
Visiting the tearoom is an essential part of the visitor experience and the role of the Visitor Services Assistant is to make it a positive and memorable part of a visitor’s day with us. You’ll help us maximise sales through excellent customer service and product knowledge, taking pride in tearoom presentation and effective behind-the-scenes processes.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
This role will assist the property team in delivering a high-quality visitor experience at Branklyn Garden (including but not limited to):
To provide a consistently high standard of visitor care at all times when:
• Welcoming visitors in the Retail & Admissions area, ensuring they have all the necessary information to make the most of their visit to Branklyn Garden and processing any purchases in a friendly, efficient and knowledgeable manner.
• Assisting in Food & Beverage preparation and service, (including awareness of ingredients / allergens) and stock management.
• Answering any visitor queries about the garden, our retail products or our food & beverage offering.
• Checking visitors are enjoying their experience at Branklyn Garden and enquiring whether all their needs are met.
• Promoting the National Trust for Scotland brand to include our membership scheme, relevant campaigns, events and our places throughout Scotland.
To maintain excellent standards of site and personal presentation at all times
• Assist with the general ongoing operational servicing and delivery of visitor and team facilities across all areas of the property.
• Maintain high standards of presentation including gift shop displays and plates of food in the tearoom.
• Ensure the property is ready to accept and welcome visitors / guests by the set operational times.
• Check the property is clear of debris, rubbish etc and that signage is befitting of a Trust property.
• Wear correct uniform, name badge and PPE as required.