Springboard UK is recruiting for 2 Trainers to join their team. Regional roles 1 x London and 1 x Midlands.
Springboard futureproofs the talent pipeline for hospitality by helping people to get sustained employment through their specialist careers advice and guidance, skills training, tailored employability support, dedicated after care and access to work placements, which launch people into future careers in the hospitality, leisure and tourism industries.
Springboard inspires younger people to explore careers in hospitality, giving them knowledge and skills, through their education programmes in schools, colleges and universities.
This charity champions and strengthens the hospitality industry, promoting it as a rewarding and worthwhile career path, collaborating with their business partners to attract and retain talent and equip hospitality businesses with hard-working, motivated and enthusiastic staff now and in the future.
As Trainer, you will deliver a range Hospitality, Leisure & Tourism related soft skills, employability skills, in-work mentoring, national qualifications, and practical skills workshops both online and in person. The two main areas of focus will be on training industry skills and qualifications on both the Charity’s employability courses and to HLT industry employees; and to young people employed on Government funded Kickstart placements, delivering essential skills to enable them to secure sustained employment in HLT. Additional delivery will also be undertaken across various other Charity contracts.
A day & month in the life of……
- Deliver qualifications (including Licensing, Food Safety and Customer service) and practical skills (including bar and floor service, cocktails) to courses of unemployed young people, and courses for employed/underemployed hospitality workers – both face-to-face and digital
- Plan, prepare and schedule activities for the Kickstart project, delivering online training sessions on CV, Interviews, Goal Setting and Teamwork skills
- Continually refresh and develop new content
- Track, record and report activity via the CRM system Salesforce
This job is for you if you have…
- Training qualifications (for example AET Level 3; Group Training) and have certificates in personal licensing, food safety and customer service
- Experience inducting, training and mentoring team members in a F&B focused HLT business
- Experience in delivering training in a blended way
- Exceptional people & communication skills
- Experience in working with inexperienced/unemployed young people
- Excellent digital skills and experience (including CRM systems)
- The ability to be flexible to travel
Ideally you will….
- Have a deep knowledge and passion for Hospitality, Leisure and Tourism,
- Be charismatic and inspirational
- Be able to work at a fast and flexible pace
- Be able to juggle multiple projects and make decisions competently
- Be someone who shares their core values.