Temporary Visitor Services Guides
- Job Reference: 00003031-1
- Date Posted: 6 September 2021
- Recruiter: Dynamic Earth
- Location: Holyrood Road, Edinburgh
- Salary: On Application
- Bonus/Benefits: £9.00 per hour
- Sector: Temp, Interim & Seasonal, Venue, Attraction, Travel and Entertainment, Customer Service
- Job Type: Temporary
Dynamic Earth is a unique and iconic visitor’s attraction; it is like nothing else on Earth. It’s a chance to experience the primeval forces of nature as they shaped our planet, to journey through space and time and even go on a 4D VENTURE around the world. You’ll be embarking on the interactive adventure of a lifetime - the lifetime of our planet. This means that you will be working in an exhilarating, interesting and engaging work environment.
We are currently recruiting friendly, outgoing and enthusiastic staff to work within our visitor attraction on a short term zero-hour contract until Sunday 7th November, however some positions could become permanent depending on the performance of successful applicants and the needs of the business. Applicants who require long periods of time off during the month of October need not apply.
These positions are to assist within the exhibition guiding visitors through their journey, presenting factual scientific information whilst engaging with visitors to meet Visit Scotland’s 5 star standards. Applicants must also be available to work weekends and weekdays, as shifts are variable dependant on our daily opening/closing times.
Rate of pay: £9.00 per hour
• Welcome and orientate guests throughout the tour,
• Present factual information on earth sciences to groups of visitors
which accurately represent and brings to life key messages within
• Handle customer enquiries and complaints in an efficient and
friendly manner applying a very proactive customer focused
• Maintain a high standard of punctuality and personal appearance,
• Ensure that all public areas are tidy and presentable at all times.
• The ideal candidates will be enthusiastic, warm and friendly, with
excellent verbal communication skills and a genuine interest in
working with people.
• A positive attitude is essential plus the ability to keep visitors well
informed while adhering to operational procedures.
• An interest in earth sciences would be an advantage but is not
• Previous experience in working and engaging with the public is
• Limited complimentary entry to Dynamic Earth for family and
• Free staff car-parking
• 25% Discount in the Natural Selection Gift Shop
• Subsidised meals from the Food Chain Café
• Free entry to ASVA member Visitor attractions (subject to
• Limited Gym Membership at MacDonald Holyrood Hotel
• Staff canteen (complimentary tea, coffee, bread)
• Staff Excellence Award - High street vouchers
• Matched company pension contribution of 5%
• Confidential advice-line through Health Assured
• Dynamic Earth branded workwear supplied
Please apply with your CV & Cover Letter setting out why you think you are the best person for this job to email@example.com.
Closing Date: Wednesday 15th September 2021