As Spa Manager you will be responsible for the flawless running of our established Yu Spa Edinburgh. You will take pride in creating a relaxing retreat within the hotel, giving guests a memorable, friendly spa experience. You will be leading a strong, established, Spa Therapist team across the Spa. Apex Hotels would be looking for you to bring your own personality and great leadership skills to strengthen and develop existing and new team members.
An experienced, positive, and personable manager, you will nurture the team's personal and professional development and lead by example - guiding team members to become adept at anticipating guests' every need.
On top of your passion for all things spa & beauty, along with the technical skills to match, you will have a head for figures, managing spa budgets and ensuring peak profitability. You'll keep up to date with the latest trends and will be well-versed in the wider market.
You will be a self-starter with a pro-active approach to embrace every opportunity to create extra special moments for our guests and provide a personal experience our guests will want to share. We would want you to develop your own skills and learning within this role bringing your passion and talent to make this role your own.
Key Areas of Focus
No two days are the same when you are a dynamic, highly motivated, operational Spa Manager. In addition to the day-to-day successful running of Yu Spa, this role will support the overarching revenue, strategic and key aspirations of our leadership team & board.
A focus on Self-development and development of the Spa Therapists to ensure that you and your team will be the best that it can be, with our family values of Trust, Friendliness, Teamwork and Passion at the heart of everything that you do.
- Responsible for all daily Yu Spa Treatment operations, including scheduling of staff to meet business demand and ensuring high levels of guest service, cleanliness, and knowledge of services. This includes delivering treatments yourself as the business needs require.
- Effectively communicate with all staff hosting regular meetings and annual staff appraisal reviews, setting and monitoring objectives, as well as holding regular departmental meetings. Also responsible for ensuring all feedback is shared and communicated throughout the team with action taken as required.
- Accountable for P&L control within Yu Spa, driving revenue through the department whilst ensuring strict cost control.
- Working with the Head of Spa, ensure the spa hits budget targets in all areas through development of effective marketing plans, tracking of business mix in all segments, positively promoting all Spa products, through the setting,
- Monitor and control KPIs within the department focusing on occupancy, utilisation and yield within beauty treatment.
- Receive, manage and respond to all guest feedback via all channels including Reviewpro. To resolve any guest issues when they arise and share feedback as appropriate with all team members.
Key Skills / Entry Requirement:
- HNC or equivalent in beauty/spa therapy
- Experience within the Spa and leisure industry, with demonstrable experience in a role with responsibility for people management & revenue growth
- High Attention to detail, taking pride in quality of work
- Self-motivated, resilient, and passionate about spa & hospitality
Reports to the Head of Spa
Why join Apex Hotels?
We genuinely care about our guests and each other and we show this through our family values of Trust, Passion, Friendliness and Teamwork. It's these family values that help us take our guest experiences to the next level, where we provide a personalised service to all our guests that they'll want to share.
With 10 four-star hotels throughout the UK, we like to think of our hotels as members of the family, each with their own personality and style. Although each of our hotels has its own character, whatever one our guests choose to stay at, they'll get a great night's sleep and a warm welcome. The key to it all is you, our employees.
We also offer great benefits which include:
- Contributions to a pension scheme
- Critical illness cover
- 29 days holiday
- Access to our state-of-the-art gym and pools
- Healthy meals to enjoy while you're working
- 50% discount in our restaurants
- Guest experience overnight stay and dinner for 2 after 3 months
- Spa discount
- Referral bonus when your friends or family join the team
- Discounted room rates
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Discounts with external companies only available to Apex team members
- Ongoing training and development
We encourage you to bring your true self to work. We'll provide great training and development opportunities, allowing you to flourish in a fulfilling career, reaching your dreams and aspirations. Our family can never be too big, there's a place here for you. We have one ask - that you bring your personality, ideas, and spark. We're an innovative, thriving business and we want you to be part of our exciting journey.