As a Spa Manager you will ensure a complete guest focus throughout all areas of the Yu Spa, maintaining the Apex standards in all areas giving the guest the best possible experience. Responsible for the operation of Yu Spa including adhering to H&S legislation, effective cost control and maintaining high guest satisfaction. Must provide leadership, guidance and support across all areas within the Spa through coaching, developing and supporting staff to provide the highest level of customer care and consistent service delivery.
You will embrace every opportunity to create extra special moments for our guests and provide a personal experience our guests will want to share.
It is intended that this will support the achievement of the Boards key aspirations of:
- Accountable for P&L control within Yu Spa, driving revenue through the department whilst ensuring strict cost control.
- monitor and control KPIs within the department focusing on occupancy, utilisation and yield within beauty treatment
- Control all operational costs, utility costs and any other relevant items that could impact negatively on the department P&L, marrying with effective revenue generation to hit budgeted targets
- Fully responsible for payroll control within Yu spa, through effective scheduling of staff, forecasting business accurately and closely monitoring budgeted payroll
- As business dictates be operationally, physically involved in the delivery of treatments to the apex brand standard, managing your time effectively between delivery of treatments and management of the spa
- Responsible for all daily Yu Spa Treatment operations, including scheduling of staff to meet business demand and ensuring high levels of guest service, cleanliness and knowledge of services.
- Effectively communicate with all staff hosting regular 1:1 meetings and annual staff appraisal reviews, setting and monitoring objectives, as well as holding regular departmental meetings. Also responsible for ensuring all feedback is shared and communicated throughout the team with action taken as required
- Responsible for maintaining exceptional service standards across areas within the Spa, and ensuring these are delivered through a strong focus on team training, regular checks and leading by example
- Display thorough and exhaustive knowledge of the spa service standards, enthusiastically training and developing staff in your team in this regard.
- Create a strong team environment which promotes good employee morale and ensures a high level of commitment and pride in the department and hotel.
- To receive, manage and respond to all guest feedback via all channels including Reviewpro. To resolve any guest issues when they arise, and share feedback as appropriate with all team members.
- Ensure client data collection is compliant with the GDPR legislation and utilized for marketing opportunities.
- Ensure correct uniform and presentation of all team members, adhering to grooming policy across the department
- Responsible for the hiring of all staff in to department, ensuring that the espouse the Apex Warmer Welcome and will deliver to the standards expected in Yu Spa
- Regularly monitor market position of all revenue streams in Yu Spa through thorough competitor research, and remain abreast of trends in the wider industry that can be used to enhance the product offering within the spa.
- Continually improve on service provision in relation to efficiency, accuracy and customer care delivery within Yu Spa, aiming to exceed customer expectations.
- Ensure effective booking, cancellation and confirmation procedures are in place, and all team members follow consistently
- Ensure that all equipment and fittings within the spa are maintained to a high level, through effectively reporting issues and ensuring these are resolved in a timely manner
Legislation & Other Duties
- Ensure safe working practices are adhered to at all times, as laid down by the Health & Safety at work Act 1974 and any other amendments to this Act, with particular reference to the practices laid out the leisure safety manual and H&S in swimming pools (HSE document).To comply with statutory and legal requirements for Fire, Hygiene, Health & Safety, and Employment laws.
Key Skills / Entry Requirement:
- HNC or equivalent in beauty therapy
- Exceptional knowledge of the wider spa & leisure industry
- Experience within the Spa and leisure industry, with demonstrable experience in a role with extensive responsibility for revenue growth and generation
- Exceptional motivation and management skills, displaying a passion for excellence within reporting lines and effective at developing this excellence
- Excellent training skills, in one to one situations and to a group
- Able to influence and persuade people at all levels within the organisation both informally and within the meeting and training environments.
- Effective time management, organisation and planning skills.
- Strong reporting and written skills maintaining accurate documentation & IT skills including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Strong collaboration skills, used to working as part of an effective team
- High Attention to detail, taking pride in quality of work
- Strongly self motivated, and passionate about hospitality
- Experience in a hotel environment, and within city centre spa environments
Why join Apex Hotels?
We genuinely care about our guests and each other and we show this through our family values of Trust, Passion, Friendliness and Teamwork. It's these family values that help us take our guest experiences to the next level, where we provide a personalised service to all our guests that they'll want to share.
With 10 four-star hotels throughout the UK, we like to think of our hotels as members of the family, each with their own personality and style. Although each of our hotels has its own character, whatever one our guests choose to stay at, they'll get a great night's sleep and a warm welcome. The key to it all is you, our employees.
We also offer great benefits which include:
- Contributions to a pension scheme
- Critical illness cover
- 29 days holiday
- Access to our state-of-the-art gym and pools
- Healthy meals to enjoy while you're working
- 50% discount in our restaurants
- Guest experience overnight stay and dinner for 2 after 3 months
- Spa discount
- Referral bonus when your friends or family join the team
- Discounted room rates
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Discounts with external companies only available to Apex team members
- Ongoing training and development
Putting your safety first
Apex Hotels have fully integrated all Covid19 measures into their properties to ensure peace of mind for all our Employees and Customers. You will be able to carry out your new role in a safe and clean environment with the additions of sanitiser, PPE requirements and distancing measures all as part of your daily routine.
Our recruitment process has been adapted to ensure we can hire safely while bringing in the best talent to join our Apex Family, so we have introduced video applications to give you the opportunity to let your personality shine through. Our interview process and Welcome Day induction process will be via Microsoft Teams, an online meeting channel, which you can access through your browser or its free to download the app on your laptop, tablet or mobile phone.
If you are interested, click apply. We look forward to hearing from you!