As a Spa Therapist you will be responsible for ensuring all guests have a wonderful time in YU Spa. This includes performing high quality spa treatments and providing homecare advice. Administration duties will include booking clients into the diary booking system and confirming appointments with excellent customer service, alongside cleaning duties.
You will embrace every opportunity to create extra special moments for our guests and provide a personal experience our guests will want to share.
It is intended that this will support the achievement of the Companies key aspirations of:
- Conduct treatments to an exceptional degree, following Apex Brand Standards at all times
- Ensure reception and relaxation areas are clean, tidy, welcoming, and fully stocked
- Handle enquiries, bookings, and payments in person, via telephone and email
- Maintain and clean all equipment to an effective operational level.
- Positively promote our Elemis products and services
- Meet required standards of service delivery within the spa (Efficiency, Accuracy, Customer Care) with an emphasis on exceeding customer satisfaction and loyalty
- Be responsible for working unsupervised
- Work as part of a team to achieve budgeted targets and KPI's
- To comply with the company dress code policy, be presentable for the clients
- To utilise all department materials in a cost-effective manner to minimise wastage
- Ensure marketing literature and promotional material are always available
- Maximise revenue by upselling and upgrading
Key Skills / Entry Requirement:
- Experience of working in a customer facing role
- HNC in beauty therapy or equivalent
- Excellent level of English - written and oral
- Can demonstrate ability to deal with face-to-face and telephone customer enquiries
- Able to work independently and within a team, and maintain effective working relationships
- Approachable, welcoming, friendly, and enthusiastic
- Previous experience of working within a Spa environment is desirable, but not essential
- Elemis trained would be of benefit, but not essential
Why join Apex Hotels?
We genuinely care about our guests and each other and we show this through our family values of Trust, Passion, Friendliness and Teamwork. It's these family values that help us take our guest experiences to the next level, where we provide a personalised service to all our guests that they'll want to share.
With 10 four-star hotels throughout the UK, we like to think of our hotels as members of the family, each with their own personality and style. Although each of our hotels has its own character, whatever one our guests choose to stay at, they'll get a great night's sleep and a warm welcome. The key to it all is you, our employees.
We also offer great benefits which include:
- 50% discount in our restaurants
- Guest experience overnight stay and dinner for 2 after 3 months
- Discounted room rates
- Access to our state-of-the-art gym and pools
- Healthy meals to enjoy while you're working
- Spa discount
- 29 days holiday
- Referral bonus when your friends or family join the team
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Discounts with external companies only available to Apex team members
- Ongoing training and development
- Contributions to a pension scheme
- Critical illness cover
About Apex Waterloo Place Hotel
YU Spa is situated in Apex Waterloo Place Hotel. The Georgian features of the building make it both a timeless and elegant hotel. Located at the east end of Princes Street, this hotel stands in the desirable New Town location just moments from Calton Hill, George Street and Waverley Train Station making it central and convenient.
Putting your safety first
Apex Hotels have fully integrated all Covid19 measures into their properties to ensure peace of mind for all our Employees and Customers. You will be able to carry out your new role in a safe and clean environment with the additions of sanitiser, PPE requirements and distancing measures all as part of your daily routine.
If you are interested, click apply. We look forward to hearing from you!