At Cairn Group we're ambitious. With a varied and extensive UK portfolio of hotels, bars and restaurants in our portfolio, we're focused on continual growth and are in it for the long haul. We are a family owned business with family values at our core, with a growing team and sites UK wide.
About the role...
As Sous Chef you will be joining a small but very welcoming team at our newly refurbished boutique hotel in York. Working alongside our Head Chef and be involved in the developing and delivering an exciting new concept of food for our growing restaurant and newly emerging events business. You will of course be experienced in maximising profit from all food produced and served by creating and sourcing great products and menus using local and seasonal produce.
Customer service is paramount at our hotel, you will be at the forefront of continually improving customer service through delivery of consistently high standards of menu, produce, cooking processes and dish presentation.
A key goal will be to develop a strong reputation for the hotel, restaurant and newly emerging events business and be involved in developing/retain and recruit a highly motivated team whilst exceeding the annual target for food profit contribution.
As Sous Chef you will take responsibility for the Kitchen and its staff, directing all kitchen activities and ensuring the preparation of our delicious food - helping create memorable experiences for guests - whenever and wherever they dine. You'll also ensure quality, kitchen maintenance, food safety procedures and inventory functions are kept to the highest standards - to make sure your kitchen is always running smoothly
- Excellent cooking skills with a strong understanding of produce and ingredients
- Previous experience as a Sous Chef in a similar venue
- Assisting he Head Chef to write menus that are both creative and profitable
- Excellent leadership skills with experience of developing and leading a team
- Strong communication skills through a variety of means
- Flexible and adaptable, with the ability to stay calm under pressure, adapting your approach to complete routine and non-routine tasks
- Exceptional organisation and planning skills through Standard operating procedures. High attention to detail and accuracy - great at managing one's own time and the time of the team
- Drive & self-motivated. Excellent knowledge of kitchen related legislative requirements/audits
- Hold appropriate professional qualifications for the role and have HACCP knowledge and experience