At RBH we are looking for exceptional people to provide outstanding service to our guests and who put our people at the heart of everything we do.
The Exciting Opportunity
Reporting into the Executive Chef, the Sous Chef will be an essential part of the smooth opening and operation of the Westin London City Hotel and Residences. This role will have leadership remit of all areas and kitchen teams at the hotel, including the all-day dining restaurant, destination wine bar kitchen, in-room dining, and banqueting operations.
Some key duties of this incredible role will be:
- Effectively and successfully overseeing the pre-opening, launch and post opening phases of the business.
- Developing the standards with regards to preparation and presentation of the food offering.
- Managing and ensuring compliance and training in all applicable kitchen areas, such as RIDDOR reporting, fire safety, food hygiene, allergens, health and safety and licensing.
- Ensuring that the fit out is to specification and that all manuals and warranties are in place for furniture, fixtures, and equipment.
- Leading and managing key financial information for the kitchen, such as GOP percentage, payroll cost and food cost.
- Leading the kitchen staff and ensure agreed standards are achieved.
- Development of menus and products in line with the Westin food brief, maximising both quality and profitability.
- Managing the business in the absence of the Executive Head Chef.
What Are We Looking For?
We're looking for an individual who has;
- Extensive and demonstratable kitchen management experience, preferably with a hotel focus.
- Expertise in a variety of cuisines and modern culinary trends.
- Proven capabilities as a leader of top performing kitchen teams.
- Pre-opening and/or Marriott experience is desirable.
N.B. we are expecting high volumes of applications for this role and additional screening questions have been included in the initial application process. We will not be accepting applications made by direct email, messages on LinkedIn or unsolicited CV's via recruiters/agency.
Where Will You Be Working?
The Westin London City Hotel & Residences will be a key part of the redevelopment of the former Queensbridge House site, as well as an independently operated destination restaurant. The site stretches from Queenhithe Dock - the oldest in London - and runs north to south, bridging across Upper Thames Street and giving it a prominent position over one of the primary arterial routes through the City of London. Highly visible from the South Bank, the hotel will also benefit from panoramic views over the River Thames and will complete the northern riverbank walkway between the Tower of London and Millennium Bridge.
The hotel will be the first under Marriott's Westin brand in the UK. The hotel's 222 guest rooms, including 10 suites and Presidential Suite, are designed to offer guests a nature-inspired respite in the centre of a bustling city, expertly balancing a calming palette of natural colours with contrasting tones, textures and materials. The development also includes a fitness and leisure suite, conference facilities, plus a restaurant and wine bar with spectacular views over the River Thames.
The hotel will feature an indoor swimming pool, idyllic 375m² spa and WestinWORKOUT® fitness studio with state-of-the-art TRX® exercise equipment. In addition, 830m² of ultra-modern meeting and event space will be available, including a Junior Ballroom and four meeting rooms, as well as a 24-hour business centre.
What's In It For You?
People love to work with RBH because
- We focus on health, wellbeing and our communities
- Our people are truly engaged at work
- There's open, clear communication from the top
- We've got great career development opportunities
- There's a culture of transformation and innovation
We will give you a competitive salary and opportunities to learn new skills and grow your career. You will receive a benefits package that includes;
- Everyday discounts from high street retailers
- Opportunities to be involved in charity and community events
- Career opportunities, training and help with course fees
- Discounted hotel room rates for you AND your friends and family that will make you really popular!
- Incentive programmes
- Flexible working arrangements because we know your life comes first
- Free meals on duty
- Healthcare plans and Insurance plans (just in case)
The Bigger Picture
With a real focus on performance, people, quality, profit and communities at RBH we transform hotels.
RHB is an independent hotel management company, working in partnership with six of the most prestigious hotel brands including IHG, Hilton, Starwood, Accor, Marriott and Wyndham. At RBH we stand out from our peers, transforming hotels to perform exceptionally.
So if you have the ambition to continuously improve, deliver results with excellence, show that you care and act with integrity then come and join us, this is just the job for you!