As Sous Chef of The Royal Oak Hotel, you will be a part of a team who are keen to deliver an excellent standard of food and service; additionally you, alongside the Head Chef, will aid in our business’s aim of being leaders of the dining scene in Cullen by creating unique, diverse and creative menus reflecting our passion for local, seasonal and sustainable produce.
- Working side by side with the Head Chef to mentor and support the kitchen team in your everyday role.
- Maintaining, ordering and controlling food stocks within budget as per the requirements of the menus.
- Adhering to COSHH, Food Safety, H&S, legal regulations, environmental policies and other relevant legislation.
- Alongside the Head Chef, allowing for the successful delivery of any change that may be implemented and ensure that the whole team are kept abreast of any amendments to menus, dish delivery and specials as and when they are available.
- Managing a smooth and efficient operation of dining service when in charge of the kitchen operation.
- Alongside the Head Chef, drive food innovation, keeping up to date with food trends, developments in the wider hospitality and kitchen worlds translating those that are applicable into our offering.
- Ensure that the kitchen meets statutory and company requirements and standards.
- Genuine interest in customer service excellence, passion for hospitality and high standard food provision – this is more than just a job to you, it is a lifestyle. Abreast of food trends and the ability to adapt these into new dish creation and development.
- Ideally, but not essential, experience working within a fine dining restaurant with the ability to move between food concepts with ease.
- Conscientious with an eye for detail and exacting high standards.
- Proven leadership ability with 3 years or more prior experience as a team member in a high-end dining establishment. Experience in a management position is desirable but not essential as we will work alongside you to foster and advance your leadership skills.
- Proactive and hands-on approach, you will be able to delegate whilst also being a member of the team throughout and out-with service aiming to deliver excellent cuisine.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; an inspiring ability to coach, motivate and build a strong team of passionate hospitality experts consistently aiming to reach new heights.
- Possess excellent commercial awareness within the F&B industry.
- A diligent and organised kitchen team member with an appreciation of the importance of high standards of ‘housekeeping’ and of thorough and accurate record keeping.
- Ability to work in a high pressure environment whilst maintaining a cool and calm temperament at all times in order to maintain a consistently productive working environment.
- Strong problem-solving capabilities with the ability to adapt to changing environments.