As a Sous Chef you will assist in spearheading the cluster culinary experience, and assist in driving our approach in delivering a high-quality food offering. You will be results driven and you will assist the Head Chef work closely with our supply chain partners, in house centralised services, and on property kitchen and front of teams to continue developing, researching, and implementing appropriate efficiency and quality changes across all outlets.
As a Sous Chef, you will ensure the smooth running of the Hotel Kitchen teams you are assigned and assume full accountability in the absence of the Head Chef, acting in their capacity, and as directed by Management.
You will embrace every opportunity to create extra special moments for our guests and provide a personal experience our guests will want to share.
- Assist in the Management of all food and sundry costs through rigorous stock control measures
- Analyse, and present monthly profit and loss commentaries with follow on corrective activity as directed by the Head Chef
- Assist with Daily / weekly payroll and food cost analysis in accordance with forecasted and materialised revenue levels to ensure optimal performance with overspend corrected within the same trading period and as directed by the Head Chef
- To consistently conduct time in motion studies across all kitchen functions in accordance with technology and process adoption identifying incremental efficiencies without impact to the culinary brand proposition, and as directed by the Head Chef
- Assist the Head Chef work with the Food and Beverage Manager to translate annual strategic business plans into considered departmental scorecard targets and associated activity plans
- Assist the Head Chef in developing a multi skilled culinary team that delivers cluster payroll flexibility with minimal tiers.
- To be highly visible at key service periods focusing attention to detail on culinary delivery
- Maintain team focus on the Customer's need' with service personalisation
Key Skills / Entry Requirement:
- Clear and influencing communicator with the ability to interact across all levels
- Possess a sales and profit driven mentality
- Identifies and manages best resources to achieve targets
- Ability to bring strategy ideas to the table and assist into turning them into practical plans
- Can assist in deploying time in motion exercises ensuring optimum cost engineering
- Assists in Building and developing a guest centric team culture
- Ability to Identify and manage best resources to assist in achieving targets
- Food Safety Management and Professional Cookery qualification at level 2 or above
- Coaching, supporting, challenging mentality that delivers operational results
- Creates an open environment
Why join Apex Hotels?
We genuinely care about our guests and each other and we show this through our family values of Trust, Passion, Friendliness and Teamwork. It's these family values that help us take our guest experiences to the next level, where we provide a personalised service to all our guests that they'll want to share.
With 10 four-star hotels throughout the UK, we like to think of our hotels as members of the family, each with their own personality and style. Although each of our hotels has its own character, whatever one our guests choose to stay at, they'll get a great night's sleep and a warm welcome. The key to it all is you, our employees.
We also offer great benefits which include:
- Contributions to a pension scheme
- Critical illness cover
- 29 days holiday
- Access to our state-of-the-art gym and pools
- Healthy meals to enjoy while you're working
- 50% discount in our restaurants
- Guest experience overnight stay and dinner for 2 after 3 months
- Spa discount
- Referral bonus when your friends or family join the team
- Discounted room rates
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Discounts with external companies only available to Apex team members
- Ongoing training and development
Putting your safety first
Apex Hotels have fully integrated all Covid19 measures into their properties to ensure peace of mind for all our Employees and Customers. You will be able to carry out your new role in a safe and clean environment with the additions of sanitiser, PPE requirements and distancing measures all as part of your daily routine.
Our recruitment process has been adapted to ensure we can hire safely while bringing in the best talent to join our Apex Family, so we have introduced video applications to give you the opportunity to let your personality shine through. Our interview process and Welcome Day induction process will be via Microsoft Teams, an online meeting channel, which you can access through your browser or its free to download the app on your laptop, tablet or mobile phone.
If you are interested, click apply. We look forward to hearing from you!