Will you inspire our kitchen team to reach even higher standards?
We're looking for an experienced and energetic Sous Chef to support our Head Chef in meeting our high standards and taking the restaurant forward. You'll need to be able to work fast and accurately in a high-pressure environment. The job has flexible hours, including early, late and split shifts.
Determined to succeed and passionate about food, you'll take pride in all aspects of the role, from food preparation to developing new dishes and menus. Your confidence, enthusiasm and diligence will inspire the kitchen brigade to meet and exceed the high standards we set. You'll also train and develop the team, as required.
Working to the highest standards of food hygiene, and following all health & safety rules, you'll ensure that the cleaning schedule is followed at all times. With the Head Chef, you'll also monitor portion and waste control to maintain profit margins, be responsible for staff manning, and manage stock control.
What we need from you
- Passion for food and high standards
- Enthusiasm and confidence to inspire the kitchen team
- Ability to work flexible hours
What we offer
- Salary up to £29000
- 100% service charge, up to approx £1500 per year
- Attractive staff uniform
- Flexible working pattern
- Training and development opportunities including SVQ's and professional qualifications
- Staff meals
- Discounted rates across our group of hotels for accommodation and food & beverage for you and your friends & family
- Personal membership to Perkbox offering a range of offers and discounts
- Long Service Recognition
- Pet Bereavement Day
- Contribution towards driving lessons
- Charitable fund raising matched up to £250
- Paid day off on your birthday each year