JOIN OUR FAMILY
At RBH we believe our people are our biggest assets and understand the value in putting them first. Our approach to diversity in the workplace, health & wellbeing, sustainability and individuality sets us apart from our competitors and is one of the reasons we are rated Top 30 Best Places to Work in Hospitality! We are passionate about the industry and always on the lookout for new talent to join us on our journey...
A DAY IN THE LIFE OF A SHIFT MAINTENANCE ENGINEER AT CROWNE PLAZA DOCKLANDS
What you'll be doing...
Reporting to the Maintenance Manager, as Shift Maintenance Engineer you will be wholly responsible for the hotel grounds are maintained to an excellent standard to exceed our guest's expectations. You will drive and improve standards; you will keep everything looking sharp and running like clockwork. From simple repairs to forward thinking for the next day. With naturally high standards to support our own and you will approach every task with devotion and pride. We are looking for candidates with strong all-around skills in and knowledge of quality maintenance works.
Your key areas responsibility will include:
- To ensure that the hotel bedrooms are maintained to the IHG standards.
- To manage contractors to ensure costs remain in line with budget
- To be responsible for the maintenance throughout the hotel, liaising with departmental managers as necessary.
- Managing the maintenance of the physical plant, engineering facilities, all electrical and mechanical equipment, kitchen equipment, controls, fire safety systems and the interior and exterior of the hotel.
WHAT WE NEED FROM YOU
We hire mostly on personality & potential but here are a few of our requirements...
The ideal candidate is an individual who cares about providing excellent service to our guests and who can use their intuition and creativity to deliver a wonderous experience for everyone. Communicate well with others, has excellent customer focus, organisation and methodical approach is paramount with this role for the team and the hotel to be successful. Has good knowledge about hotel maintenance, a good understanding of versatility and the ability to apply this competence on the role. Proficient level of IT systems, basic knowledge in Health and Safety, basic electrical, plumbing and carpentry and passionate about the industry. Experience within a similar environment is preferable.
WHAT WE OFFER
You will have access to a benefits package we believe truly works for our people and enhances our overall culture...
- Discounted hotel room rates for you and your friends & family
- Extra days holiday for your birthday
- Flexible working arrangements
- Free meals on duty saving you over £1000 per year
To learn more about our full benefits package, click here to watch our employee benefits video.
RBH Hospitality Management is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. If at any point throughout our process you require reasonable adjustments, please contact email@example.com .