As a Senior Self-Checking Room Attendant, you will deliver amazing brand standards and immaculate guest facilities. You will be responsible for ensuring all guest bedrooms are prepared according to core standards with regards to cleanliness, hygiene and security and that trolleys, vacuums, pantries and corridors are clean at all times, taking sole responsibility and accountability of the quality of the room standard presented to our guests.
Additionally you will be responsible for the onboarding of new colleagues, guiding them through their learning journey, actively training them according to company standards. Additionally responsible for any retraining of existing Self Checking Room attendants as identified by the Housekeeping management.
You will embrace every opportunity to create extra special moments for our guests and provide a personal experience our guests will want to share.
This is a Cluster role where you will be required to work across any of our 4 Edinburgh city centre properties.
Joining the dedicated Housekeeping department, you will:
- Clean all assigned bedrooms to the Apex Brand Clean standard
- Take full accountability for quality of clean in all bedrooms, checking the quality yourself and ensuring that they are to the completed to the required standard
- As rostered, form part of the Apex Support Team, ensuring that all rooms are stripped and prepared in line with the Apex Brand Clean standard
- Coach Room Attendants to ensure Apex standards for cleanliness are achieved in every room
- Have responsibility for training, mentoring and coaching new colleagues through their Apex Housekeeping Learning Journey
- Assist with auditing of performance of new colleagues, following the Apex Brand Clean auditing procedure, to ensure that they are developing in line with the learning journey
- Function as a coordinator for the learning journey training, ensuring that all aspects are covered from start to finish
- Have a full understanding of the Infor HMS housekeeping module and the housekeeping app
- Ensure rotational cleaning is completed in line with company standards
- Respond to all guest requests quickly and efficiently, taking personal responsibility to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Report any maintenance faults or additional work required in bedrooms using the Infor HMS Housekeeping App, and assist with monitoring of completion, liaising with housekeeping management and facilities.
- Tidy and restock trolley and pantry to pre-determined standard, including cleaning tray, adhering to par stock levels at all times. Ensure pantry is clean and tidy at all times, including floor and shelving.
- Adhere to Apex procedure for handling of lost property, using the Infor HMS Housekeeping App to record
- Be aware of the security of our guests and staff and their property, reporting any suspicious incidents.
- Ensure Apex master key procedures are always followed.
- To carry out the responsibilities of the job within the parameters of Health and Safety Legislation, and other legislation relevant to your department and role.
Key Skills / Entry Requirement:
As a Senior Self-Checking Room Attendant, you will have excellent attention to detail in order to provide consistent standards. This is a vital role in the function of the hotel and ultimately the service provided to our guests before, during and after their stay. You will love chatting to our guests offering help and assistance, you will be great at multi-tasking, you will be efficient at solving all guest enquiries and all with a smile and infectious personality!
With this in mind, we are looking for a Senior Self-Checking Room Attendant who:
- Has awareness of good customer service
- Demonstrates ability to deal with face-to-face customer enquiries
- Demonstrates an ability to know when to ask for help from a supervisor when dealing with customers Demonstrates politeness and good manners
- Has high attention to detail, taking pride in quality of work
- Has experience of working in a customer facing role or similar
- Has experience of working as a Room Attendant
- Has an excellent level of English - written and oral
- Can demonstrate competency in cleaning both occupied and departure rooms and what to look for when checking rooms
- Can demonstrate a detailed understanding of the key elements to checking rooms, pantries and corridors
- Can demonstrate an understanding of the considerations required when handling lost property
- Has good awareness of Health & Safety in the work place.
Why join Apex Hotels?
We genuinely care about our guests and each other and we show this through our family values of Trust, Passion, Friendliness and Teamwork. It's these family values that help us take our guest experiences to the next level, where we provide a personalised service to all our guests that they'll want to share.
With 10 four-star hotels throughout the UK, we like to think of our hotels as members of the family, each with their own personality and style. Although each of our hotels has its own character, whatever one our guests choose to stay at, they'll get a great night's sleep and a warm welcome. The key to it all is you, our employees.
We also offer great benefits which include:
- Contributions to a pension scheme
- Critical illness cover
- 29 days holiday
- Access to our state-of-the-art gym and pools
- Healthy meals to enjoy while you're working
- 50% discount in our restaurants
- Guest experience overnight stay and dinner for 2 after 3 months
- Spa discount
- Referral bonus when your friends or family join the team
- Discounted room rates
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Discounts with external companies only available to Apex team members
- Ongoing training and development
Putting your safety first
Apex Hotels have fully integrated all Covid19 measures into their properties to ensure peace of mind for all our Employees and Customers. You will be able to carry out your new role in a safe and clean environment with the additions of sanitiser, PPE requirements and distancing measures all as part of your daily routine.
Our recruitment process has been adapted to ensure we can hire safely while bringing in the best talent to join our Apex Family, so we have introduced video applications to give you the opportunity to let your personality shine through. Our interview process and Welcome Day induction process will be via Microsoft Teams, an online meeting channel, which you can access through your browser or its free to download the app on your laptop, tablet or mobile phone.
If you are interested, click apply. We look forward to hearing from you!