Senior Events and Experiences Coordinator
- Job Reference: 00003457-1
- Date Posted: 29 September 2021
- Recruiter: The Royal Zoological Society of Scotland
- Location: Edinburgh Zoo
- Salary: On Application
- Bonus/Benefits: £23,748.00 - £28,314.00 Per Annum
- Sector: Temp, Interim & Seasonal, Venue, Attraction, Travel and Entertainment, Tours and Visitor Attractions
- Job Type: Permanent
To assist in the planning and delivery of an engaging and innovative events and experiences programme at RZSS Edinburgh Zoo; enhancing visitor engagement whilst delivering income targets.
Some of the things you’ll do:
* Support and administer all of Edinburgh Zoo’s events and experiences; operational delivery of key aspects of events and continuous liaison with contractors, colleagues and partners.
* Assist with the development of an exciting and varied range of commercial events and experience products, to exceed visitor expectations and promote RZSS Edinburgh Zoo.
* Communicating key information to a diverse range of individuals, both internal and external to Edinburgh Zoo.
* Ensure that event set up, delivery and dismantle is timetabled appropriately in consultation with key teams.
* Work in partnership with EZ’s contract caterer, and in collaboration with all other departments of RZSS and external partners to ensure delivery of high quality events – specifically with Admissions/retail, Marketing Communications and Membership, IT and digital teams in respect of the sales & promotion of events and experiences.
What we’re looking for:
* Good achievement at Higher grade level (including English and Mathematics) or equivalent qualifications or experience.
* Assertive communicator, confident in dealing with queries from internal & external sources.
* Experience of working with minimal supervision, demonstrating good organisational and planning skills.
* Experience of providing first class customer care and service, including dealing with customer queries.
We offer a range of great benefits which can be found at www.rzss.org.uk/about-rzss/staff-benefits
Please see the role profile for further information on what the role involves and essential/desirable criteria.