An exciting opportunity has arisen for a creative, passionate and forward-thinking Senior Content Executive to join our Commercial Team. Reporting to the Marketing Manager, you will support them with the delivery of the content and social media strategy, creating and publishing content for a range of online and offline channels that support the core revenue streams. You will also undertake content research, audits and produce insights to better understand the social media audience and channel landscape. Initially the role will be working from home in line with government guidelines, but as soon as restrictions allow, access to a Head Office in Edinburgh will be available.
You will embrace every opportunity to create extra special moments for our guests to provide a personal experience our guests will want to share.
This role is a varied position and responsibilities will include:
- Driving the continuous improvement of content and key messages for Apex Hotels and its sub-brands
- Creating and sourcing engaging and shareable content to be posted across social media and other digital channels
- Creating, building, testing and sending emails as well as performance reporting
- Day to day management and responsibility of social media channels including scoping, creating, scheduling, monitoring, and evaluating content, and engaging with customers
- Using listening and research tools to obtain insight and aid content strategy development
- Keeping on top of consumer trends and maximizing opportunities for content creation
- Updating and managing content on online listings
- Coordination of activity, supporting the marketing team to ensure content deadlines are met
- Collaboration with key stakeholders including a PR agency
Key Skills / Entry Requirement:
Specific requirements include:
- Experience in a similar content / marketing role
- Marketing knowledge
- Creative mindset that can take content from brief to delivery
- A track record of delivering innovative content led campaigns, creating exciting and engaging content for a range of social media channels, with an intuitive grasp and understanding of how to maximise engagement, engage with followers and keep on top of emerging trends
- Excellent research, copywriting and proof-reading skills
- SEO writing skills would be desirable
- Experience of using social media management, CMS and email platforms
- Great organisational skills, the ability to multitask and work to tight deadlines
- Effective communicator both written and verbally
- A genuine passion for the tourism industry and an interest in travel
Why join Apex Hotels?
We genuinely care about our guests and each other and we show this through our family values of Trust, Passion, Friendliness and Teamwork. It's these family values that help us take our guest experiences to the next level, where we provide a personalised service to all our guests that they'll want to share.
With 10 four-star hotels throughout the UK, we like to think of our hotels as members of the family, each with their own personality and style. Although each of our hotels has its own character, whatever one our guests choose to stay at, they'll get a great night's sleep and a warm welcome. The key to it all is you, our employees.
We also offer great benefits which include:
- Contributions to a pension scheme
- Critical illness cover
- 29 days holiday
- Access to our state-of-the-art gym and pools
- Healthy meals to enjoy while you're working
- 50% discount in our restaurants
- Guest experience overnight stay and dinner for 2 after 3 months
- Spa discount
- Referral bonus when your friends or family join the team
- Discounted room rates
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Discounts with external companies only available to Apex team members
- Ongoing training and development
Putting your safety first
Apex Hotels have fully integrated all Covid19 measures into their properties to ensure peace of mind for all our Employees and Customers. You will be able to carry out your new role in a safe and clean environment with the additions of sanitiser, PPE requirements and distancing measures all as part of your daily routine.
Our recruitment process has been adapted to ensure we can hire safely while bringing in the best talent to join our Apex Family, so we have introduced video applications to give you the opportunity to let your personality shine through. Our interview process and Welcome Day induction process will be via Microsoft Teams, an online meeting channel, which you can access through your browser or its free to download the app on your laptop, tablet or mobile phone.
If you are interested, click apply. We look forward to hearing from you!