We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Business Intelligence Engineer to join a newly created Data & Analytics team. This role will be pivotal to the successful delivery of the Apex Data Strategy, facilitating the delivery of timely and accurate analysis in Qlik Sense and enabling data-driven decision making around the entire business.
- Full ownership of developing and maintaining automated data pipelines from data extraction through to publication, including administration of Qlik Sense and NodeGraph, and Azure monitoring.
- Translating business requirements from vision into an execution strategy and develop data models that facilitate self-service analysis of the centrally governed data.
- Ensuring ongoing compliance with the data governance framework including data security, master data, metadata and change management.
- Creating data-driven indicators of the pipeline operational efficiency, usage of the outputs and the quality of the data in the pipeline using NodeGraph.
- Supporting the delivery and periodic review of the Apex Data Strategy based on evolving business needs and changes in technology.
- Working closely with Qlik Sense and NodeGraph users to increase data literacy and maximise the value derived from data.
- Managing technical support and change requests.
Key Skills / Entry Requirement:
You are well organised, an excellent communicator and possess excellent attention to detail. Specific requirements include:
- 2.1 or above degree qualification in Mathematics, Engineering, Data Science or similar, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience in a similar position, responsible for the full data pipeline.
- Thorough knowledge of SQL, particularly knowledge of Qlik Scripting Language would be beneficial.
- Familiarity with data warehousing concepts (e.g. Kimball methodology).
- Experience in building and maintaining complex ETL/ELT processes and understanding of the OpenAPI specification.
- Proven ability to drive continuous improvement and adapt data pipelines in response to changes in data strategy or underlying technology.
- High proficiency in Qlik Sense or another business intelligence tool.
- Experience in managing Azure or another cloud technology.
- Proven ability to prioritise requirements and suggest alternatives to maintain coherence with data strategy.
- Excellent communication skills, including an ability to clearly communicate your vision, ideas, insights and feedback to a non-technical audience.
- Excellent problem-solving skills, with an organised and methodical approach to work.
- Knowledge of scripting languages (e.g. PHP, HTML) and RegEx.
- Experience of coding (e.g. Python/R).
- Working knowledge of GDPR.
- Experience in DevOps and service management.
- Familiarity with Agile working methods.
Why join Apex Hotels?
We genuinely care about our guests and each other and we show this through our family values of Trust, Passion, Friendliness and Teamwork. It's these family values that help us take our guest experiences to the next level, where we provide a personalised service to all our guests that they'll want to share.
With 10 four-star hotels throughout the UK, we like to think of our hotels as members of the family, each with their own personality and style. Although each of our hotels has its own character, whatever one our guests choose to stay at, they'll get a great night's sleep and a warm welcome. The key to it all is you, our employees.
We also offer great benefits which include:
- Contributions to a pension scheme
- Critical illness cover
- 29 days holiday
- Access to our state-of-the-art gym and pools
- Healthy meals to enjoy while you're working
- 50% discount in our restaurants
- Guest experience overnight stay and dinner for 2 after 3 months
- Spa discount
- Referral bonus when your friends or family join the team
- Discounted room rates
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Discounts with external companies only available to Apex team members
- Ongoing training and development
Putting your safety first
Apex Hotels have fully integrated all Covid19 measures into their properties to ensure peace of mind for all our Employees and Customers. You will be able to carry out your new role in a safe and clean environment with the additions of sanitiser, PPE requirements and distancing measures all as part of your daily routine.
Our recruitment process has been adapted to ensure we can hire safely while bringing in the best talent to join our Apex Family, so we have introduced video applications to give you the opportunity to let your personality shine through. Our interview process and Welcome Day induction process will be via Microsoft Teams, an online meeting channel, which you can access through your browser or its free to download the app on your laptop, tablet or mobile phone.
If you are interested, click apply. We look forward to hearing from you!