At Cairn Group we're ambitious. With a varied and extensive UK portfolio of hotels, bars and restaurants, we're focused on continual growth and are in it for the long haul. We're a family owned business with family values at our core, with a growing team and sites UK wide.
Our fabulous city centre of Edinburgh property, Hotel Indigo, is now looking to recruit a Sales, Groups & Events Co-ordinator to join their strong and successful team.
About the Role
You will work closely with the Director of Sales and Marketing in developing and implementing sales and marketing tasks to support the growth of our business, as well as liaising closely with all departments in order to support the business.
You will undertake tasks to develop business through proactivity. You'll help us deliver on revenue, profitability targets, and gain a competitive advantage for the venue. You should have a good knowledge of the local market and an understanding of hospitality in a hotel setting.
Tasks will vary but principal duties will include:
- Group and Event bookings for our bar and restaurant spaces
- Group accommodation bookings for the hotel
- Our Christmas programme
- Develop new and existing client partnerships to ensure continued market share growth
- Identify and generate sales leads for business development from all relevant channels
- Assist with conversion for incoming enquiries by sending proposals and organising client site inspections
- Assist DOS with the administration duties, proactive sales calls, appointment making, sales reporting
- Gain and maintain knowledge of local market trends and competitors
- Assist with Cairn Group key sales initiatives, promotional trade shows, exhibitions and client presentations as and when required
- Progress to account manage and develop said client accounts identified by DOS after appropriate training and support
- Develop/implement sales marketing initiatives including social selling
We're looking for someone to make this role their own. Size wise, we're a small property and a fairly small team, but delivering large revenues. We work together to make things happen, and we're looking for someone to fit that dynamic.
Whilst we expect the principal duties to be carried out, we're looking for someone to work on their own initiative and bring their own ideas too.
- Possess excellent communication skills. You'll need to be a good co-operator with a professional, warm, trusting and friendly approach, reacting to change in a positive way
- Well informed about the market and industry
- Ability to build and maintain long lasting relationships with existing and new clients
- Flexible and adaptable, with the ability to stay calm under pressure, adapting your approach to complete routine and non-routine tasks
- High attention to detail and accuracy - great at managing one's own time
- Have a creative and innovative approach
- Great team working skills whilst being comfortable and able to work alone
- You will also have a positive attitude, good communication skills, a commitment to delivering a high level of customer service and a high level of IT skills and marketing skills, specifically social selling/websites.