- To assist and enable team to consistently achieve product and service in the restaurant and Bar as specified within agreed time scales
- To build and maintain an effective team through communication and guidance on standards, controls and aspects of leadership
· To ensure that all periods of service i.e. breakfast, lunch and dinner are operated to the highest levels of service
· To ensure the full implementation of seasonal promotions in conjunction with the Chef/Sales Office
· Knowledge of all weekly events and ensure that all restaurant and bar requirements are met.
· To assist in the management of Events held within the Restaurant and ensure they are operated to the standards as lay down by Conference and Banqueting Department
- Ensure all restaurant & bar areas are organised for the business ahead, creating a welcoming and positive impression to all customers
- To ensure & maintain all restaurant and bar area, including outside areas are kept to the highest standards of cleanliness, to create a welcoming environment to the customers
- Work closely with the kitchen team to ensure all dining requests from customers are met and all dishes are served as per order and chefs’ specifications
- To monitor customer feedback and identify areas where improvements can be made and action accordingly
- To conduct daily briefs with the restaurant & bar team to ensure a smooth service
- To have complete knowledge of all menus, wine lists and specialities offered in the restaurant & bar and to be able to advise guests as necessary
- To ensure that pay ins are completed and balance at the end of each shift and any discrepancies are actioned
· Complete staff rotas in accordance with forecasted business and using the staffing ratios
- To set standards of achievements via SOP Manuals for all Food and Beverage departments and to guide and direct the Food & Beverage team to follow and maintain the set standards
- To be customer focused in decision making regarding styles and methods of service. To ensure that an attitude of customer care is evident throughout the Hotel by management style and decision making
- To develop sales tools, including promotions and training that will assist in increasing Sales throughout all Food and Beverage outlets.
- In conjunction with the Head Chef, ensure that the hotel complies with all legal aspects regarding food safety and hygiene
- To ensure that the hotel has sufficient operation equipment to carry out the budgeted levels of business by means of monthly stock takes.
- To ensure that the required planning is in place to meet the levels of business as highlighted in the function sheet.
- To review manning costs on a daily, weekly and monthly basis and take corrective action where required.
- To have a full understanding of all rates, packages and special promotions ensuring that hotels terms of business are adhered to.
- To take responsibility for the safe, daily banking and all monies received in Food & Beverage Departments
- Be responsible for ensuring the validation of any payments made to you by credit card on the pdq machines.
- To communicate with guests at every opportunity, which will promote the hotel, the company and reflect the seniority of your position within the Hotel.
- To carry out any other reasonable request
Managing of the booking system to ensure satisfactory guest reservations and the smooth running of the Restaurant
Deal with all customer comments or complaints and action where required
To manage the service of food, wine and other beverages and to ensure that this service meets the hotels standards
Monitoring customer service within the department
Delegating and motivating the team to ensure all customers are served efficiently and in a professional friendly manner
To ensure that The McLeod Group communication policy is adhered to i.e. attendance at weekly/monthly meetings and to conduct a subsequent team meeting
To communicate with the team regarding the day’s business
To attend or ensure a representative attend the morning meeting
To provide regular feedback to the team regarding service standards, turnover, profit and guest feedback
Training & Development
All new starts to undergo departmental induction and trained on all aspects of the SOP Manual.
Initial two-week training plan implemented for all new team members with a ‘buddy’ for the first week.
Actively contributing towards Personal Development Plan.
Managing training and development for all team members.
Reacting to training and development requests
To attend training courses as identified from Personal Performance review and any ad-hoc requirements throughout this period
To ensure that all team members receive a 3, and 12-month review
To assist in training throughout the Hotels as is necessary