Courtyard by Marriott Edinburgh is looking for exceptional people to provide outstanding service to our guests and who put our people at the heart of everything we do. Courtyard by Marriott offers over 1,000 hotels in 42 countries, Courtyard is everywhere today's traveller needs - or wants - to be.
The Exciting Opportunity
The position of Reservations Manager has become available at Courtyard Edinburgh. Reporting to the General Manager, you will be responsible for leading a small team, and for managing all reservations for bedrooms, groups and events. You will work closely the RBH Centra Revenue Team, and collaborate with Marriott Franchise Revenue Leaders.
- Maximise room sales & revenue for the hotel & plan towards revenue targets by monitoring and adjusting availability & rate controls.
- Compile & utilise statistical data to set future pricing & selling strategies for accommodation for the duration of the hotels booking window.
- Compile a business plan in order to support the delivery of accommodation & events sales lines in conjunction with Director of Sales.
- Utilise all distribution channels to ensure book-ability & market penetration.
- Ensure the reservations team receive the appropriate tools & training in order for them to deliver required standards of performance.
- Recruit, train, motivate & lead the reservations team in order to achieve individual and departmental financial targets.
- Complete best practice statistical analysis in order to formulate effective future pricing & selling strategies.
- Manage inhouse reservations systems - Marsha, Opera and Sales and Catering, providing training and support to other team members to ensure effective usage.
Where Will You Be Working?
This well located hotel, a short stroll from the vibrant Edinburgh City Centre has a modern feel whilst retaining the features of a Georgian building, once the home of Robert Stevenson, designer of Bellrock Lighthouse and grandfather of Robert Louis Stevenson. The Hotel has 240 well-appointed rooms, The Lantern Room Restaurant, bar and terrace area. The hotel also comprises 1 small meeting room and a small gymnasium.
What's In It For You?
People love to work with RBH Hotels because
- We focus on health, wellbeing and our communities
- Our people are truly engaged at work
- There's open, clear communication from the top
- We've got great career development opportunities
- There's a culture of transformation and innovation
We will give you a competitive salary and opportunities to learn new skills and grow your career. You will receive a benefits package that includes;
- Discounted hotel room rates for you AND your friends and family that will make you really popular!
- Incentive programmes
- Money off high street retailers
- Flexible working arrangements because we know your life comes first
- Free meals on duty
What Are We Looking For?
We're looking for an individual who has;
- A great personality and be genuine, approachable, attentive and instinctive
- A proven track record in a similar role (with a minimum of 1- 2 years Management experience).
- Strong training and development skills so you can share your skills with others.
- A desire to be the best with high standards;
- Ability to effectively manage and motivate the individuals within your team to support them in achievement of their personal development goals.
- Good proven organisation and planning skills gained through previous experience
- Experience of using Marsha and Opera property management systems are essential
The Bigger Picture
Courtyard Edinburgh is managed by RBH Hotels; an independent hotel management company, working in partnership with six of the most prestigious hotel brands including IHG, Hilton, Starwood, Accor, Marriot and Wyndham. At RBH Hotels we stand out from our peers, transforming hotels to perform exceptionally.
So if you have the ambition to continuously improve, deliver results with excellence, show that you care and act with integrity then come and join us, this is just the job for you!