Everyone can rise above their circumstances and achieve success if they are dedicated and passionate about what they do . - Nelson Mandela
At the Fellows House, we want to offer everyone who walks through our doors an amazing experience. We offer a very personal blend of empowerment, enlightenment, and engagement and seek the remarkable in the everyday and everything that goes into this most unique Hotel.
Most of all we seek exceptional people who embody our person-centred, dedicated and refined values. The brightest and best Cambridge has to offer.
You are the ambassador of The Fellows House to our clients. You will respond to all situations professionally, promptly and efficiently, using your initiative to resolve any concerns. You provide efficient communication to all team members and management. You abide and enforce the hotel operating procedures and helps to maintain excellent customer service and product quality. You have a passion for training and know that this is the key to the hotel's success. You will ensure that all external communications are consistent and align to brand guidelines.
Use knowledge of Cambridge, the university and its colleges to drive sales and maximise revenue to achieve budgeted and forecasted rooms/townhouses, conferencing, F&B and group bookings whilst ensuring that the guest experiences excellent customer service and a fantastic product that exceeds their expectations. Pro-active and innovative approach to meeting the business objectives and revenue targets and gaining a competitive advantage.
- Managing all reservation enquiries, maximising sales and revenue for hotel and townhouses.
- Upselling to improve guest experience and overall revenue.
- Building awareness of the hotel, its facilities and the townhouses through interaction with local business in the catchment area.
- Support a training centred culture by evaluating training needs, organising and leading training where required.
- Marketing the conference suite, F&B outlets and hotel facilities by using traditional sales means such as mail, email drops, business meetings and targeted calling as well as proposing and implementing unique ways to build awareness.
- Ensure that you are aware of all conference facilities and prices in our area by taking part in competitor analysis visits and competitor test calls.
- Ensure that you maintain exceptional contact with regular clients and come up with unique and innovative ideas to recognise them and keep them loyal
- Maintain accurate information in PIM, Content Gateway & PMS
- Create and maintain relationships with all 3 rd party agents (OTA - Online Travel Agents, Long Stay Agents, Relocation Agents, TMC (Travel Management Companies, Conference Agents, Wholesales Leisure)
- Ensure all 3 rd party channels are updated on continuous and timely manner, including prices, terms and conditions, imagery, contact information and prom. Conduct monthly audit of the same.
- Assist in completing forecasts, plans, and productivity reports and help prepare the departmental budget and financial plans.
- Managing commissions invoices, deposit ledger and account receivables.
- Attending sales meetings and reporting back to the General Manager and Director of Sales ways that you are selling the conferences, hotel, F&B and townhouses.
- Taking phone reservations whilst on duty. Ensure the telephone is answered within 3 rings in a professional manner and that all messages, calls and faxes are passed on accurately without delay.
- To liaise with other staff in relation to staff shortages and cover shift when necessary.
- Overbooking the hotel following the guidance set out by the Revenue Management System and Director of Revenue.
- To fully understand and be confident in the hotel book-out procedure as set by Hilton for the Curio Brand.
- Ensure that all guests are kept up to date and informed of all developments to enquiries they may have.
- Manage your time efficiently and effectively to complete all tasks that are required on your shift.
- Use your initiative and problem-solving abilities to solve any guest problems and complaints or any other issues that may occur on your shift.
- Actively Participate in training and development programs to maximise opportunities of self-development
- Contribute to reception departmental meetings
- UK citizen or valid work permit.
- Excellent numeracy and literacy skills.
- 3+ years' experience in hotel
- Strong administrative and IT skills including use of property management systems and ability to manage budgets.
- Ability to communicate positively and effectively
- Ability facilitate training workshops
- Customer and market-focused
- Anticipate customer needs and resolve problems promptly
- Ability to build rapport
- Flexible and adaptable
- Ability to work as part of a diverse team with colleagues from different viewpoints, cultures and countries.
- Enthusiastic and positive attitude
- Drive for results working in a target-led environment
- Attention to detail
- Ability to plan, prioritise and to organise self
- Desire and ability to improve knowledge and abilities through on-going training
- Open to new ideas
- Cultural awareness
- Able to multi-task and successfully deploy time management skills
- Ability to work without supervision
In exchange for your efforts and dedication we offer a fantastic place to work, an opportunity to shape the culture of a new hotel and a comprehensive benefits package. If you wish to be considered for this superb opportunity click 'apply'.