JOIN OUR FAMILY
At RBH we believe our people are our biggest assets and understand the value in putting you first. Our approach to diversity in the workplace, health & wellbeing, sustainability, and individuality sets us apart from our competitors and is one of the reasons we are rated Top 30 Best Places to Work in Hospitality! We are passionate about the industry and always on the lookout for new talent to join us on our journey...
A DAY IN THE LIFE OF A RECEPTIONIST AT CROWNE PLAZA DOCKLANDS
What you'll be doing...
Reporting to the Front Office Manager, you will be required to work shift patterns of morning, afternoon and sometimes required to cover the night shift on certain occasions. As Receptionist you will have excellent interpersonal skills and will be a crucial part of our guests' journey. You must be self-motivated and be personable in the way you deal with people, who believe in delivering the best possible standards in guest service. The role requires excellent interpersonal skills to handle guest complaints and show you care by being thoughtful in the way you welcome and connect with guests.
Your key areas responsibility will include:
- Being the main point of contact for all in-house and external guest queries and requests requirements throughout your shift
- Maintains knowledge of departmental standards and procedures
- Performs check in, check out and room change procedures and ensures all data are entered completely into the hotel systems in accordance with reservations
- Prepares all required information for a well-handled group check-in and checkout
- Daily based cashier check of all open balances, especially city ledgers
Our team are like a family, and we work together to deliver outstanding guest service to our guests by offering timely, efficient, knowledgeable, and truly remarkable service. We are an enthusiastic, authentic bunch of individuals who truly care about teamwork and great service!
WHAT WE NEED FROM YOU
We hire mostly on personality & potential but here are a few of our requirements...
To succeed in the role of Receptionist, you will need the following qualities and skills.
The ideal candidate is an individual who cares about providing excellent service to our guests and who can use their intuition and creativity to deliver a wondrous experience for everyone. It is a fantastic opportunity for an amicable professional who likes to be helpful. You will be able to maintain a positive and calm outlook regardless of what challenges the shift might bring, and able to make the right decision. Experience within a similar environment is preferable; however, we are looking for an individual with the right attitude rather than experience and will give you the tools to ensure you will be successful in your role.
- Outstanding communication skills
- Experience within a customer facing role is preferred. No experience? No big deal - we'll train you up!
- A can-do attitude
- Computer literate with a professional telephone voice
WHAT WE OFFER
You will have access to a benefits package we believe truly works for our people and enhances our overall culture...
- Discounted hotel room rates for you and your friends & family
- Extra days holiday for your birthday
- Flexible working arrangements
- Free meals on duty saving you over £1000 per year
To learn more about our full benefits package, click here to watch our employee benefits video.
RBH Hospitality Management is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. If at any point throughout our process you require reasonable adjustments, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org .