We Welcome Happy #happyistheplacetobe
We are recruiting for a Public Area Cleaner to join our great team. We are looking for an enthusiastic, genuine and friendly person who really enjoys working in hotels and wants to provide great hospitality to our guests, contributing to them having a Happy stay with us. The role will predominately cover the late shift but you may be required to work early shifts on occassion too.
As a Public Area Cleaner
We want you to maximise guest satisfaction by maintaining standards of cleanliness, hygiene and tidiness in your assigned bedrooms, corridors, public areas in accordance with Hotel Standards.
What we want you to -
- Be Self-motivated as you will on occasion be working alone to meet your productivity and standard targets.
- Flexible - to enjoy working different shift patterns and seeing the operation on different days of the week including the weekends
- Be standards driven to meet the cleanliness levels required.
- Have good people skills - to greet guests that you see and to work well in a team during large events - we want work to be fun for all of our employees.
The job -
- To greet all guests in a warm, friendly and courteous fashion and to maintain a professional manner at all times.
- To clean public and back of house areas.
- To report any defects found in corridors or public areas to the supervisor or manager.
- To deal with guest complaints in a friendly and efficient manner while communicating with manager or supervisor to ensure guest satisfactionat all times.
- Any other reasonable request by management.
- Working and cooperating with colleagues to enhance the guests experience at all times.
- A thorough knowledge of TLC and positively contribute to the department and hotels score.
- Follow and maintain Health and Safety standards
- Follow the company control procedures in accordance with company internal audit requirements.
- Ensure you are always prepared for work, ensuring your caddy is stocked appropriately.
- To be actively involved in the hotel sustainability programme, must consider wastage without compromising standards.
- Be energy efficient within the department, turning off lights, equipment etc when not in use.
- Agree objectives for self-development in line with the department objectives.
- Plan ahead to ensure adequate resources are available.
- Keep up to date about the departmental, hotel and company activities
- Regularly review own performance against objectives through on the job chats, appraisals and team meetings and where necessary take corrective action.
- Develop own skills and knowledge through training and communication and cooperating with colleagues in all departments.
- Knowledge of Jurys Inn standards of cleanliness
- Have a visible presence in the back and front of house areas to ensure all customer requests and queries are responded to promptly and effectively.
- Continually develop new knowledge and skills to ensure best practice service delivery.
- Knowledge of the Jurys Inn product and organisation.
- Knowledge of the Jurys inn values.
Why come and work for us - to receive practical training, development and progression within a dynamic and rapidly expanding company. If you want a career in Hospitality then look no further, we have great programs to support your development towards a long and successful career.
Some of the great benefits of working for us include:
- Earn thousands by referring a friend to work with us
- Stay at one of our Jurys Inn or Leonardo Hotels UK for a hugely discounted rate and get a reduced rate for friends and family if they want to stay too
- Company Pension Scheme, Life assurance & Wellbeing support
- 28 days holiday entitlement including bank holidays, increasing with service to a maximum of 33 days (we even offer Wedding Leave too)
- The opportunity to work for a well-respected brand where people development is at the heart of our culture
- An array of learning courses in which you can attend - the sky is the limit with your development with us, we nourish your skills and talents to develop leaders of the future
- Happy Rewards - earn performance based points and use them towards that desired product you've been meaning to buy or hey even that well deserved day off!!
- Employee of the month earning you a little bonus and fame for that entire month.
- Flexible working hours- shift working is what we do but not split shifts - we want you to have a work-life balance too
- Uniform & Meals on duty
- Monthly / Quarterly engagement activities - we like to have fun while working hard
- Annual Charity Event Day- we help and support our communities
- Lots of locations in the UK and Ireland which mean that if you want to develop or just fancy a change of scenery, we can help you to move and provide relocation support