The pay rate for this role is £10.25 per hour, the role is permanent and guarantees 40 hours per week with plenty overtime if you are keen. Overtime is paid after 40 hours at £15.38 per hour.
As a Public Area Cleaner, you will assist in the delivery of amazing brand standards and immaculate Hotel facilities. You will be responsible for your own work and take pride in the high standard of cleanliness throughout the Hotel premises. As a Public Area Cleaner, you will be an integral part of the Housekeeping team ensuring every task completed is of an exceptional standard and completed with care and passion.
You will embrace every opportunity to create extra special moments for our guests to provide a personal experience our guests will want to share.
Joining the dedicated Housekeeping department, you will:
- make sure that you work efficiently throughout the hotel, restoring each area to perfection and applying attention to detail to each task.
- engage with guests in order to promote guest loyalty
- ensure guests experience our well-known high levels of comfort and quality
- take pride in the work you do
Key Skills / Entry Requirement:
As a Public Area Cleaner, you will recognise the great importance of cleanliness and your passion to consistently maintain outstanding Hotel Standards. This is a vital role in the function of the hotel and ultimately offers the first impression presented to our guests as they enter the hotel doors. You will love chatting to our guests offering help and assistance, you will be great at multi-tasking, you will be efficient at solving all guest enquiries and all with a smile and infectious personality!
On your first day you will begin a structured 12 week learning journey, giving you the skills, knowledge and confidence to be a great Public area Cleaner. With this in mind, we are looking for a Public Area Cleaner who:
- can deliver and maintain excellent standards
- uses initiative
- is self-aware and able to evaluate their own work
- has a customer service attitude
- has the ability to multi-task and organise a variable work load
- provides excellent attention to detail
- holds a genuine desire to provide a Warmer Welcome to our guests
Why join Apex Hotels?
We genuinely care about our guests and each other and we show this through our family values of Trust, Passion, Friendliness and Teamwork. It's these family values that help us take our guest experiences to the next level, where we provide a personalised service to all our guests that they'll want to share.
With 10 four-star hotels throughout the UK, we like to think of our hotels as members of the family, each with their own personality and style. Although each of our hotels has its own character, whatever one our guests choose to stay at, they'll get a great night's sleep and a warm welcome. The key to it all is you, our employees.
We also offer great benefits which include:
- Contributions to a pension scheme
- Critical illness cover
- 29 days holiday
- Access to our state-of-the-art gym and pools
- Healthy meals to enjoy while you're working
- 50% discount in our restaurants
- Guest experience overnight stay and dinner for 2 after 3 months
- Spa discount
- Referral bonus when your friends or family join the team
- Discounted room rates
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Discounts with external companies only available to Apex team members
- Ongoing training and development
Putting your safety first
Apex Hotels have fully integrated all Covid19 measures into their properties to ensure peace of mind for all our Employees and Customers. You will be able to carry out your new role in a safe and clean environment with the additions of sanitiser, PPE requirements and distancing measures all as part of your daily routine.
Our recruitment process has been adapted to ensure we can hire safely while bringing in the best talent to join our Apex Family, so we have introduced video applications to give you the opportunity to let your personality shine through. Our interview process and Welcome Day induction process will be via Microsoft Teams, an online meeting channel, which you can access through your browser or its free to download the app on your laptop, tablet or mobile phone.
If you are interested, click apply. We look forward to hearing from you!