This is a really exciting time to join as we grow and expand we would like to recruit a Property Accountant to work alongside our Finance team.
- Manage all aspects of the daily property and bloodstock finance function.
- To ensure that all aspects of financial control and reporting are carried out in an accurate, timely and efficient manner.
- Oversee Property & Farm operations including processes, controls & reporting.
- Optimise interpersonal dynamics within the property team and build strong relationships with other key internal and external stakeholders.
- Accountant for the property related activities with responsibility for all aspects of preparation and reporting of the property accounts, overseeing property management & optimisation of property returns. Specific tasks include but are not limited to:
- Management of tenant relationships & relationships with key property stakeholders (property management companies, utility providers, rating authorities, PRTB etc)
- Ensure statutory requirements are adhered to.
- Negotiation of new tenant lease arrangements & existing tenant renewals as appropriate
- Management of process relating to property acquisitions & sales
- Management and processing of tenant billing & timely collection of all monies due
- Management and processing of all outgoings related to properties (rates, service charges, utilities etc)
- Completion of returns related to properties as required (PRTB, LPT etc)
- Managing tenant yielding up process (dilapidations, deposits etc)
- Management of service charge and related matters
- Maintaining up to date property related records (hard & soft copy as appropriate)
- Ensuring strong systems and controls in place for all property related matters
- Management of documentation relating to capital related projects (Purchase orders, payments etc)
- Ensuring strong systems and controls in place
- Preparation of monthly accounts for all property companies
- Weekly tenant update reports
- Budgeting / forecasting
- Treasury related matters
- Company secretarial related matters
- Year end audit management
- Preparation of statutory accounts
- Tax compliance including VAT, RCT, CT / CGT, Stamp Duty etc
- Other general accounts related matters
- General project related work
What you will bring
- Qualified accountant
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to multi-task & prioritise
- Problem solving - Follow things fully through
- Work on own initiative
- Leadership (overseeing a team of 3)
- Delegation (required for the efficient use time and managing team/workload)
- Good communication
- Resilient & work under pressure
- Strong business acumen
Why you should want to work with us!
- To be a part of the growth and expansion of this family run Irish hotel collection
- Discounted stay in our hotels and on food & beverage
- A great range of benefits which includes free lunch, your birthday off and free parking
- The opportunity to really make a difference.
At all times when you are at work, we expect you to practice the Company Values -
PROUD - we're proud of our work and our uniquely styled hotels
CARING - we care about our customers and about each other
ACCOUNTABLE - we own our actions and think about their wider impact
DETERMINED - we're adaptable, resilient and love a challenge!
This Job description is not meant to be exhaustive but describes the essence of the role and responsibilities. This JD should be reviewed at least annually.