At RBH we are looking for exceptional people to provide outstanding service to our guests and who put our people at the heart of everything we do.
The Exciting Opportunity
We are currently looking for an experienced candidate to join us in the role of onsite People and Culture Manager for our exciting new opening The Westin London City Hotel & Residences. Reporting into the Director of Human Resources, this role will be responsible for the day-to-day operation of the Human Resources department with oversight of the 130-strong workforce as the first Westin in the UK gears up to open in Summer 2021.
As the front-line leader for the HR department, you will be responsible for all the hotel's HR requirements, including:
- Working with the Director of HR on executing all aspects of the hotels resourcing and retention strategy, both for the pre-opening and post-opening phases of the operation.
- To be first-point contact for entry and mid-level employee relations cases, ensuring all processes are conducted in accordance to RBH standards and UK employment law.
- To drive and be the face of hotel Learning and Development interventions, ensuring that all employees are aware of and receive appropriate training including induction, departmental and regular updates as required.
- To champion the Westin Hotels and Resorts culture, ensuring that all brand elements are pulled through into the employee lifecycle.
- Implementing and leading a comprehensive associate experience strategy, developing a suite of wellbeing, communication, and development interventions which in turn will drive an inclusive, powerful, and positive organisational culture.
- To process payroll and ensure that all salary payments made are accurate and on time, which will include regular checks on timesheet completion, including monitoring of all holiday, lieu time, sickness and maternity entitlement.
- To nurture links with local colleges, and schools, and be involved in placements, careers fairs and recruitment conventions.
- Ensuring that employees have completed appropriate documentation and personnel files are set up and maintained as required.
The successful applicant for this role will be an accomplished HR 'all-rounder', with an aptitude for Learning and Development management and facilitation, as this will be a key part of the role. The ideal candidate will display great leadership skills, be guest-focused with one eye on operational needs, have a positive can do' attitude, be willing to learn and most of all, be an incredible role model for the Westin Hotels and Resorts culture.
What Are We Looking For?
We're looking for an individual who has;
- A great personality; genuine, approachable, attentive and instinctive.
- A proven track record in a similar role, preferably with experience of high-volume recruitment.
- Strong learning and development skills so you can share your skills with others.
- Excellent communication skills and a desire to be the best with high standards.
- An ability to effectively manage and motivate the individuals within your team to support them in achievement of their personal development goals.
- Excellent public speaking skills.
- Good proven organisation and planning skills gained through previous experience.
To be considered for this role you will need:
- Previous experience as an HR Manager or HR Officer in a branded four or five star hotel.
- Generalist HR experience, with solid understanding of payroll, employee relations, recruitment and learning and development.
- CIPD qualified is preferable but not essential.
N.B. we are expecting high volumes of applications for this role and additional screening questions have been included in the initial application process. We will not be accepting applications made by direct email, messages on LinkedIn or unsolicited CV's via recruiters/agency.
Where Will You Be Working?
The Westin London City Hotel & Residences will be a key part of the redevelopment of the former Queensbridge House site, as well as an independently operated destination restaurant. The site stretches from Queenhithe Dock - the oldest in London - and runs north to south, bridging across Upper Thames Street and giving it a prominent position over one of the primary arterial routes through the City of London. Highly visible from the South Bank, the hotel will also benefit from panoramic views over the River Thames and will complete the northern riverbank walkway between the Tower of London and Millennium Bridge.
The hotel will be the first under Marriott's Westin brand in the UK. The hotel's 222 guest rooms, including 10 suites and Presidential Suite, are designed to offer guests a nature-inspired respite in the centre of a bustling city, expertly balancing a calming palette of natural colours with contrasting tones, textures and materials. The development also includes a fitness and leisure suite, conference facilities, plus a restaurant and wine bar with spectacular views over the River Thames.
The hotel will feature an indoor swimming pool, idyllic 375m² spa and WestinWORKOUT® fitness studio with state-of-the-art TRX® exercise equipment. In addition, 830m² of ultra-modern meeting and event space will be available, including a Junior Ballroom and four meeting rooms, as well as a 24 hour business centre.
What's In It For You?
People love to work with RBH because
- We focus on health, wellbeing and our communities
- Our people are truly engaged at work
- There's open, clear communication from the top
- We've got great career development opportunities
- There's a culture of transformation and innovation
We will give you a competitive salary and opportunities to learn new skills and grow your career. You will receive a benefits package that includes;
- Everyday discounts from high street retailers
- Opportunities to be involved in charity and community events
- Career opportunities, training and help with course fees
- Discounted hotel room rates for you AND your friends and family that will make you really popular!
- Incentive programmes
- Flexible working arrangements because we know your life comes first
- Healthcare plans and Insurance plans (just in case)
The Bigger Picture
With a real focus on performance, people, quality, profit and communities at RBH we transform hotels.
RHB is an independent hotel management company, working in partnership with six of the most prestigious hotel brands including IHG, Hilton, Starwood, Accor, Marriott and Wyndham. At RBH we stand out from our peers, transforming hotels to perform exceptionally.
So if you have the ambition to continuously improve, deliver results with excellence, show that you care and act with integrity then come and join us, this is just the job for you!