Saltire Patisserie Ltd, part of the Saltire Hospitality family, is a premier Scottish supplier of high-quality breads and patisserie to the food service industry in Edinburgh and nearby areas. From our brand-new purpose build facility in Loanhead, Midlothian, we produce an enticing range of breads, cakes, and patisserie all of which is shaped and finished by hand. We pride ourselves on supplying excellent Scottish produce all of which is bespoke and customised to our clients’ requirements.
We have an exciting and rare opportunity for an experienced Pastry Chef to join the Saltire Patisserie team. As Pastry Chef you will be an integral part of our bakery and patisserie, and we are searching for a candidate who can take our patisserie division to the next level.
As a company we are engaging with new and exciting opportunities, new clients and matched with a brand-new production facility, there is no better time to welcome you to our team. The ideal candidate will be well-versed in culinary arts with a passion for sweet and delicious creations. They must adhere to health and safety standards to provide clients with the best possible serving. The goal is to enhance customer satisfaction so that we can maintain and expand our clientele. Your skill in baking high quality treats should be matched by your creativity to develop amazing new tastes and recipes.
Responsibilities and duties will include
- Working closely with the Pastry Manager and Bakery Director, following their instructions.
- Prepare a wide variety of goods such as cakes, cookies, desserts etc. following traditional and modern recipes and in line with our standards
- Create new and exciting desserts
- Decorate pastries using different icings, toppings etc. to ensure the presentation will be beautiful and exciting
- Monitor stocks for baking ingredients such as flour, sugar etc. and make appropriate orders within budget
- Check quality of material and condition of equipment and devices used for cooking
- Maintain a lean and orderly cooking station and adhere to health and safety standards
- Manual handling does apply- lifting of goods such flour bags, sugar bags etc.
In order to be considered applicants must:
- Proven experience as Pastry Chef or relevant role
- Great attention to detail and full of creativity
- Be passionate about what you do - love of hospitality and food
- A vibrant and bubbly nature
- A great knowledge of latest food trends
- Ability to work under pressure
- Able to work in a team and also on your own, inspiring, and encouraging others
- Willingness to replenish professional knowledge
- In depth knowledge of sanitation principles, food preparation and baking techniques and nutrition
- Working knowledge of baking with ingredient limitations (pastries that are gluten free, sugarless etc.)
Why work for us
- We are not just any company we are family owned and family run
- You will be working in an environment where creativity is recognised
- Future progression and development is available and always encouraged
- Further training and personal development
This is a new and exciting opportunity for you to come on board and make a difference
Think you have what it takes? We would love to hear from you
For further details relating to this position, please contact us.
Salaried Position- Dependent on Experience.