Springboard UK is recruiting for an Outreach and Assessment Co-ordinator to join their team.
Springboard UK futureproofs the talent pipeline for hospitality by helping people to get sustained employment through their specialist careers advice and guidance, skills training, tailored employability support, dedicated after care and access to work placements, which launch people into future careers in the hospitality, leisure and tourism industries.
Springboard UK inspires younger people to explore careers in hospitality, giving them knowledge and skills, through their education programmes in schools, colleges and universities.
This charity champions and strengthens the hospitality industry, promoting it as a rewarding and worthwhile career path, collaborating with their business partners to attract and retain talent and equip hospitality businesses with hard-working, motivated and enthusiastic staff now and in the future.
As Outreach and Assessment Co-ordinator your role will be to support the work of the Careers Education & Employability Programme Delivery Managers (CEEPDMs) throughout the UK and Ireland.
Your key goal will be to seek and secure new referral sources of participants for Careers & Education and Employability services nationally and regionally through engagement with schools and colleges throughout the UK and Ireland.
Working with regional teams you will develop relationships with schools, further education, job centre plus and other appropriate charities to activate referral sources.
A day & month in the life of the Outreach and Assessment Co-ordinator….
- Identifying new referral sources to secure candidates for upcoming courses and programme of work
- Building relationships across the UK and Ireland with schools & colleges to engage school/college leavers and also with Job Centre Plus and other referral sources to engage candidates
- Working with regional teams and CEEPDMs you will seek and source new referral partners to fulfil all programme activity.
- Track, record and report activity via their CRM system
- Deliver 121 support for Trainees closest to being job ready, including support with CVs, interviews skills and securing employment opportunities.
This job is for you if you have…
- Experience of assessing and supporting young people at risk of becoming unemployed and unemployed people of all ages into positive destinations.
- Demonstrable experience of providing services to unemployed people of all ages
- Exceptional people & communication skills
- Demonstrable skills in proactively selling a proposition / service and securing buy in
- Excellent digital skills and experience (including CRM systems and digital platforms).
Ideally you will….
- Be inspired by working with people and do without judgement
- Have a passion for enabling others to make the most of their potential
- Have the ability to multi task in a fast paced environment
- Be someone who shares their core values.