About the role:
At Apex Hotels we pride ourselves in delivering memorable experiences for our guests through our famous Warmer Welcome. As Operations Training Manager you will train and mould our operations training team to deliver this mission with exceptional excellence.
We are looking for an experienced training manager with a passion for guest service and a track record in hotel operations to join our newly created Operations Support department. Responsible for a team of operations trainers, you will be responsible for managing the training journey of our new colleagues, ensuring the full learning journey for their role is delivered with passion and expertise by the team. Additionally, this is a phenomenal opportunity to help shape the training of our current operations teams, helping to curate and create training content to support the operation and ensure the teams deliver a warmer welcome for our guests.
You will have proven track record in hotel operations training, ideally with experience of managing a team of trainers. Alternatively, you will have an in-depth knowledge of hotel operations, have experience of managing a team and you are looking for a step into a support function role. You will also have:
- Evidence of successfully implementing, coordinating, and delivering learning journeys and training calendars to hotel teams.
- High collaborative skills and exceptional communication skills to be able to communicate effectively across the hotels and group structure.
- Proactive, positive approach to all parts of your role
- Evidence of developing strong stakeholder relationships through a consultative and inclusive approach.
- Strong IT skills, fully conversant with Microsoft office.
- Excellent presentation skills
- Strong decision-making skills
- Excellent influencing and interpersonal skills with people at all levels, internally and externally
Why join Apex Hotels?
We genuinely care about our guests and each other and we show this through our family values of Trust, Passion, Friendliness and Teamwork. It's these family values that help us take our guest experiences to the next level, where we provide a personalised service to all our guests that they'll want to share.
With 10 four-star hotels throughout the UK, we like to think of our hotels as members of the family, each with their own personality and style. Although each of our hotels has its own character, whatever one our guests choose to stay at, they'll get a great night's sleep and a warm welcome. The key to it all is you, our employees.
We also offer great benefits which include:
- Contributions to a pension scheme
- Critical illness cover
- 29 days holiday
- Access to our state-of-the-art gym and pools
- Healthy meals to enjoy while you're working
- 50% discount in our restaurants
- Guest experience overnight stay and dinner for 2 after 3 months
- Spa discount
- Referral bonus when your friends or family join the team
- Discounted room rates
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Discounts with external companies only available to Apex team members
- Ongoing training and development
Putting your safety first
Apex Hotels have fully integrated all Covid19 measures into their properties to ensure peace of mind for all our Employees and Customers. You will be able to carry out your new role in a safe and clean environment with the additions of sanitiser, PPE requirements and distancing measures all as part of your daily routine.
Our recruitment process has been adapted to ensure we can hire safely while bringing in the best talent to join our Apex Family, so we have introduced video applications to give you the opportunity to let your personality shine through. Our interview process and Welcome Day induction process will be via Microsoft Teams, an online meeting channel, which you can access through your browser or its free to download the app on your laptop, tablet or mobile phone.
If you are interested, click apply. We look forward to hearing from you!