About the role:
As an Operational Trainer you will be responsible for the delivery of the full employee learning journey to our hotel teams, from onboarding and initial training to ongoing skills development.
Reporting to the Operations Training Manager you will be part of our newly created Operations Support Team, ensuring that all employees have a consistent and exceptional training experience and that all employees deliver in their role to the Apex standards. Additionally, you will support in ongoing training across the hotel teams.
Joining the new Operations Support Team, you will:
- Be responsible for taking new employees through their learning journey for their first 12 weeks, to ensure they have the skills, knowledge and confidence to excel in their role.
- Utilise our learning platform FLOW, to facilitate a blended learning experience, including, face to face training, videos and online modules.
- Embed policies, SOPs and H&S procedures into all learning to ensure our employees feel safe in their role.
- Bring theory to life through practical training.
We are looking for Operational trainers who are passionate about training and improving employees' skills and knowledge to ensure they deliver an exceptional experience for our guests. You will have a proven track record in hotel operations, with experience of delivering training to operations teams. Alternatively, you may have a strong background in training with in-depth knowledge of hotel operations. You will also have:
- High collaborative skills and exceptional communication skills to be able to communicate effectively across the hotels and group structure.
- Proactive, positive approach to all parts of your role
- Evidence of developing strong stakeholder relationships through a consultative and inclusive approach.
- Strong IT skills, fully conversant with Microsoft office.
- Excellent presentation skills
- Excellent influencing and interpersonal skills with people at all levels, internally and externally
- High Attention to detail, taking pride in quality of work
- Strongly self motivated, and passionate about hospitality
- Excel at teamwork, and engender trust quickly in colleagues
Why join Apex Hotels?
We genuinely care about our guests and each other and we show this through our family values of Trust, Passion, Friendliness and Teamwork. It's these family values that help us take our guest experiences to the next level, where we provide a personalised service to all our guests that they'll want to share.
With 10 four-star hotels throughout the UK, we like to think of our hotels as members of the family, each with their own personality and style. Although each of our hotels has its own character, whatever one our guests choose to stay at, they'll get a great night's sleep and a warm welcome. The key to it all is you, our employees.
We also offer great benefits which include:
- Contributions to a pension scheme
- Critical illness cover
- 29 days holiday
- Access to our state-of-the-art gym and pools
- Healthy meals to enjoy while you're working
- 50% discount in our restaurants
- Guest experience overnight stay and dinner for 2 after 3 months
- Spa discount
- Referral bonus when your friends or family join the team
- Discounted room rates
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Discounts with external companies only available to Apex team members
- Ongoing training and development
Putting your safety first
Apex Hotels have fully integrated all Covid19 measures into their properties to ensure peace of mind for all our Employees and Customers. You will be able to carry out your new role in a safe and clean environment with the additions of sanitiser, PPE requirements and distancing measures all as part of your daily routine.
Our recruitment process has been adapted to ensure we can hire safely while bringing in the best talent to join our Apex Family, so we have introduced video applications to give you the opportunity to let your personality shine through. Our interview process and Welcome Day induction process will be via Microsoft Teams, an online meeting channel, which you can access through your browser or its free to download the app on your laptop, tablet or mobile phone.
If you are interested, click apply. We look forward to hearing from you!