Hilton is the worlds most recognised hospitality brands and is the largest upscale operator of hotels in Greater London.
We have a fantastic opportunity for an Operations Manager to lead our team through a rebranding process to become the Doubletree by Hilton in Kensington'. This is a prestigious 4-Star property or which we are sure will become a flagship for the DoubleTree by Hilton brand in London.
Here's what the job would look like:
As the Operations Manager of the Doubletree by Hilton Kensington, your main role is to ensure that the hotel transitions smoothly to the new brand, whist creating and maintaining a customer-driven hotel with a customer-keeping vision that inspires the hotel associates to do their best.You'll keep our hotel running smoothly, make sure everything is working well and all our guests are safe and comfortable. You'll maximise financial returns, drive the development of your team, create, and maintain a memorable guest experiences, execute brand and/or company standards, and build awareness of the hotel in the local community.
You will need to be able to communicate effectively and lead the team, be willing to get stuck in and present a professional and friendly face for the hotel. In addition, you will set high standards of performance, inspire staff to produce results and hold them accountable, thoroughly analyse complex information to make effective decisions and demonstrate sound commercial awareness.
What we need from you
- Multi-skilled - you'll need to be able to turn your hand to a variety of different duties and tasks throughout all areas of the hotel
- Your problem-solving skills will turn issues into opportunities so every guest leaves with great memories
- Flexibility - night, weekend and holiday shifts are all part of the job, as is having a flexible approach to the hours you work and a responsible attitude towards your own personal timekeeping and attendance
- A great team leader, you should be able to motivate others, provide guidance and support in difficult situations both with customers and other members of the team, and keep spirits high to help your team perform well
- Great communication skills are required to ensure services are delivered as efficiently and effectively as possible. Additionally, you need to be able to communicate effectively with your team, and tailor your communication to different personalities and communication styles
- Customer-centric attitude, if you don't put our guests at the centre of everything you do, your team won't.
Our expectations from you:
- Abide by payroll policies, procedures (punch in/punch out), Meals and Rest Periods policy.
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of all hotel safety and security procedures as required maintaining a secure and safe environment for associates as well as guests.
- Read and abide by all the regulations and rules of conduct stated in the Team Member Handbook.
What we are looking for
An Operations Manager serving Hilton brands is always working on behalf of our guests and working with our Team Members. To successfully fil this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviours, skills and values that follow:
- Recent prior experience as a Hilton General Manager - ideally with Doubletree in London
- Previous management experience in Front Office within a Hilton Hotel.
- It is essentially that you have recent experience of using OnQ PMS system
- Degree or diploma in Hotel Management or equivalent
- Possess strong commercial acumen with experience of increasing profitability
- Excellent Leadership skills
Why you should apply
- Annual bonus for all Team Members
- Fantastic career potential with one of the UK's fastest growing hotel operators
- Employees staff rates across Hilton properties
- Meals on duty
- Service based annual leave
In line with the requirements of the Asylum & Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process