We Welcome Happy #happyistheplacetobe
We have a great opportunity for an Operations Manager to join the group at Jurys Inns & Leonardo Hotels UK and Ireland.
We want you to lead a brilliant and diverse team to deliver excellence to our valued customers across our amazing hotel. The Operations Manager reports directly to the General Manager and is a role that we use to develop people for future GM roles.
The experience we expect:
- Currently an Operations Manager or exceptional Senior Department Manager
- Background in high volume lifestyle hotels is preferred - so you will understand how we work
- Strong Rooms and F&B Background
- To be able to lead and motivate your team providing day to day leadership and direction
- To be able to drive sales and profitability forward
- Understanding of P&L and cost management
- Excellent Customer service skills, standards-driven, good organisational skills with a keen eye for detail and upscale hospitality
- To be able to make decisions in a fast-paced environment and to enjoy it
- Be able to use hospitality systems - we use Opera, SAP and Micros.
Your responsibilities will be:
- Manage the daily operations of the hotel ensuring that the team deliver great hospitality in a warm and friendly environment
- Manage a team of Managers to ensure that all aspects of the business are well run, delivering company standards and customer expectations
- Ensure that costs are controlled and that we maximise the productivity of the team through effective rostering, and ownership
- Keeping the team up to date about departmental, hotel and company activities through daily communications to enable the team to communicate effectively with customers
- To lead and develop an energetic workforce, having involvement in recruitment, learning and development, employee relations issue and team engagement initiatives.
- Support the General Manager with projects as well as the daily operation of the hotel
- To work with the management team to ensure that employees are well trained, efficient and enjoy their working environment so that they pass this on to our guests
- Duty Management Shifts as required
Why come and work for us
- Earn thousands by referring a friend to work with us
- Stay at one of our Jurys Inn or Leonardo Hotels UK for a hugely discounted rate and get a reduced rate for friends and family if they want to stay too
- Company Pension Scheme, Life assurance & Wellbeing support
- 28 days holiday entitlement including bank holidays, increasing with service to a maximum of 33 days (we even offer Wedding Leave too)
- The opportunity to work for a well-respected brand where people development is at the heart of our culture
- An array of learning courses in which you can attend - the sky is the limit with your development with us, we nourish your skills and talents to develop leaders of the future
- Happy Rewards - earn performance-based points and use them towards that desired product you've been meaning to buy or hey even that well deserved day off!!
- Employee of the month earning you a little bonus and fame for that entire month.
- Flexible working hours- shift working is what we do but not split shifts - we want you to have a work-life balance too
- Uniform & Meals on duty
- Monthly / Quarterly engagement activities - we like to have fun while working hard
- Annual Charity Event Day- we help and support our communities
- Lots of locations in the UK and Ireland which mean that if you want to develop or just fancy a change of scenery, we can help you to move and provide relocation support