We Welcome Happy #happyistheplacetobe
We have a great opportunity for an Operations Manager to join the group at Jurys Inns & Leonardo Hotels UK and Ireland.
We want you to lead a brilliant and diverse team to deliver excellence to our valued customers across our amazing hotel. The Operations Manager reports directly to the General Manager and is a role that we use to develop people for future GM roles.
Experience we expect:
Operations Manager or exceptional Senior Department Manager looking for their first Operations Manager position - we like to develop people here
Background in branded hotels or large hotels is preferred - so you will understand how we work
Strong Rooms Background - we are a rooms based business in most of our hotels and it is important that you understand this
To be able to lead and motivate your team providing day to day leadership and direction
To be able to drive sales and profitability forward
Excellent Customer service skills, standards-driven, good organisational skills
To be able to make decisions in a fast-paced environment and to enjoy it
Be able to use computer systems - we use Opera, SAP and Micros.
Your responsibilities will be:
Manage the daily operations of the hotel ensuring that the team deliver great hospitality in a warm and friendly environment
Manage a team of Managers to ensure that all aspects of the business are well run, delivering company standards and customer expectations
Ensure that costs are controlled and that we maximise the productivity of the team through effective rostering, and ownership
Keeping the team up to date about departmental, hotel and company activities through daily communications to enable the team to communicate effectively with customers
Monitor and review customer feedback and Mystery guest reports ensuring that we learn from the feedback, generate ideas to implement and make the changes that are necessary to keep the hotel moving forward
To lead and develop an energetic workforce, having involvement in recruitment, learning and development, employee relations issue and team engagement initiatives.
Support the General Manager with projects as well as the daily operation of the hotel
To work with the management team to ensure that employees are well trained, efficient and enjoy their working environment so that they pass this on to our guests
Duty Management Shifts as required
Why come and work for us
- Earn thousands by referring a friend to work with us
- Stay at one of our Jurys Inn or Leonardo Hotels UK for a hugely discounted rate and get a reduced rate for friends and family if they want to stay too
- Company Pension Scheme, Life assurance & Wellbeing support
- 28 days holiday entitlement including bank holidays, increasing with service to a maximum of 33 days (we even offer Wedding Leave too)
- The opportunity to work for a well-respected brand where people development is at the heart of our culture
- An array of learning courses in which you can attend - the sky is the limit with your development with us, we nourish your skills and talents to develop leaders of the future
- Happy Rewards - earn performance-based points and use them towards that desired product you've been meaning to buy or hey even that well deserved day off!!
- Employee of the month earning you a little bonus and fame for that entire month.
- Flexible working hours- shift working is what we do but not split shifts - we want you to have a work-life balance too
- Uniform & Meals on duty
- Monthly / Quarterly engagement activities - we like to have fun while working hard
- Annual Charity Event Day- we help and support our communities
- Lots of locations in the UK and Ireland which mean that if you want to develop or just fancy a change of scenery, we can help you to move and provide relocation support