As a Operations H&S Coordinator you will assist in the development and institution of a strong culture of Health & Safety within hotel operations, through close collaboration with hotel operations management. You will be responsible for creation and delivery of effective H&S training and will manage the H&S system used across the company assisting with administrative tasks to ensure documentation is complete and in line with legislation.
The role will ensure that hotel operations within Apex Hotels Ltd. conducts its operations in a safe and effective manner, within the framework of company policies, legislative requirements and any other relevant standards.
It is intended that this will support the achievement of the Boards key aspiration of:
- Providing a support role to hotel operations on health & safety and related matters including food safety.
- Ensuring H&S training across the operation is complete, adequate and of a high standard, with all mandatory training delivered effectively and consistently.
- Assisting in Designing, facilitating and delivering health & safety related training programmes for delivery at all levels throughout the organisation.
- Facilitating sharing of best practice, working with H&S representatives in all operations area
- Ensuring that any unsafe act, condition or situation which in your judgement could compromise the business is immediately escalated to the hotel General Managers and the Group Operations Support Manager.
- Providing monthly health & safety document performance reports for the wider operation teams.
- Managing the Clifton Diligence H&S system, setting best practice, monitoring use, providing training and performing administration support as necessary
Key Skills / Entry Requirement:
- Excellent technical knowledge of health & safety, food safety and fire safety related matters.
- Experience in a similar role within a hospitality environment, or extensive experience in an operations role with significant responsibility for H&S culture
- Excellent training skills, in one to one situations and to a group
- Able to influence and persuade people at all levels within the organisation both informally and within the meeting and training environments.
- Effective time management, organisation and planning skills.
- Strong reporting and written skills maintaining accurate documentation & IT skills including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Strong collaboration skills, used to working as part of an effective team
- High Attention to detail, taking pride in quality of work
- Strongly self motivated, and passionate about hospitality
- It is desirable to have a IOSH Managing Safely
Why join Apex Hotels?
We genuinely care about our guests and each other and we show this through our family values of Trust, Passion, Friendliness and Teamwork. It's these family values that help us take our guest experiences to the next level, where we provide a personalised service to all our guests that they'll want to share.
With 10 four-star hotels throughout the UK, we like to think of our hotels as members of the family, each with their own personality and style. Although each of our hotels has its own character, whatever one our guests choose to stay at, they'll get a great night's sleep and a warm welcome. The key to it all is you, our employees.
We also offer great benefits which include:
- Contributions to a pension scheme
- Critical illness cover
- 29 days holiday
- Access to our state-of-the-art gym and pools
- Healthy meals to enjoy while you're working
- 50% discount in our restaurants
- Guest experience overnight stay and dinner for 2 after 3 months
- Spa discount
- Referral bonus when your friends or family join the team
- Discounted room rates
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Discounts with external companies only available to Apex team members
- Ongoing training and development
Putting your safety first
Apex Hotels have fully integrated all Covid19 measures into their properties to ensure peace of mind for all our Employees and Customers. You will be able to carry out your new role in a safe and clean environment with the additions of sanitiser, PPE requirements and distancing measures all as part of your daily routine.
Our recruitment process has been adapted to ensure we can hire safely while bringing in the best talent to join our Apex Family, so we have introduced video applications to give you the opportunity to let your personality shine through. Our interview process and Welcome Day induction process will be via Microsoft Teams, an online meeting channel, which you can access through your browser or its free to download the app on your laptop, tablet or mobile phone.
If you are interested, click apply. We look forward to hearing from you!