NYX London Holborn - will be the first of the luxury lifestyle hotels to arrive in the UK. At NYX London Holborn, London's electrifying spirit will not stop at the front door but will flow throughout and inspire everything you experience, from the laidback, luxurious style to the food, drinks and one-off exclusive events.
The hotel is located on Southampton Row between the busy City and London's West End. The hotel is just a ten-minute walk away from top attractions like the British Museum and fifteen minutes' walk from the vibrant Covent Gardens and Soho areas - perfect for any guest wanting to explore the City.
CITY LOVER IN FOOD & BEVERAGES - RESTAURANT & BAR MANAGER
As the Restaurant & Bar Manager naturally you are enthusiastic, optimistic and treat everyone with respect. As a City Lover, you will know the City like the back of your hand and will be able to recommend all the top places in London to our wonderful guests.
Oversee the day-to-day running of the NYX Bar and Restaurant, ensuring the smooth operation of services provided at all times, creating an exceptional food and beverage experience for our guests in line with the NYX standards.
Provide effective hands-on management and leadership to the restaurant and bar team, ensuring the restaurant and bar area and associated facilities are set up and maintained to the highest standards at all times and the back of house culinary team are fully briefed and engaged throughout service.
- Welcoming & introducing our guests to the City and the world of NYX Hotels
- Take responsibility for the day-to-day management and running of the NYX Restaurant and Bar
- Implement effective front-of-house service procedures and develop rotas in line with bookings
- Lead, supervise and motivate the Restaurant and Bar staff throughout service, improving service standards and training personnel daily
- To oversee the preparation of amazing drinks, ensuring guest queries are responded to in a timely and friendly manner
- Take responsibility for inducting, managing and developing restaurant and bar staff, completing regular performance reviews
- Train staff on upselling techniques to maximise daily revenues
- Maintain and develop all standard operating procedure for the restaurant in discussion and agreement with the Venue Director
- Oversee the maintenance of all equipment and restaurant facilities, taking responsibility for any damages and ensuring replacements and repairs are conducted as and when required
- Coordinate and work closely with the culinary, events operations, bookings and guest services teams regarding restaurant services and activities.
- To deliver excellent customer service, being a role model to the team demonstrating great hospitality
- To deal with guest complaints in a friendly and efficient manner, ensuring guest satisfaction at all times
- Ensuring all cash, charge, float and till procedures are carried out correctly
- Ensure personal compliance for all legal food and beverage requirement
- Any other duties as required by senior management
- At least 2 years managerial experience as either a Restaurant Manager or Senior Assistant Restaurant Manager in quality led restaurant operation.
- Passion for delivering exceptional guest service
- Passionate about customer service and the food and drinks industry
- A meticulous eye for detail and exceptional planning and organisation skills
- Knowledge and experience of cocktail making - the ability to filter these skills and knowledge to your team through training
- Excellent communication, influencing and interpersonal skills with a confident and outgoing personality and an ability to interact with people at all levels
- Awareness of how to deal with customer complaints and how to ensure these are resolved so everyone has a wonderful stay here at NYX London Holborn
- Able to lead and train the staff with a positive can-do attitude
- Ability to multitask and work in a busy, fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Ability to take initiative and a practical approach to problem-solving
- Good people skills - to work well in a team - we want work to be fun for all of our employees
- Confidence with systems and taking payments
- Positive and flexible approach to work (weekend, evening and night time work will be required)
What to expect:
- The opportunity to work for a well-respected brand where people development is at the heart of our culture.
- Leo Points - we reward your performance with points, and what do points make .PRIZES. Whether it's Love to Shop vouchers or that well deserved day off, you choose!
- Stay at one of our Jurys Inn or Leonardo Hotels UK for a hugely discounted rate and get a reduced rate for friends and family if they want to stay too.
- Employee of the month earning you a little bonus and fame for that entire month.
- An array of learning courses in which you can attend - the sky is the limit with your development with us, we nourish your skills and talents to develop leaders of the future.
- Earn yourself thousands by referring a friend to work with us.
- Meals on duty.
- Respected and open-minded company philosophy.
- We have many locations in the UK and Ireland which means if you want to develop or just fancy a change of scenery, we can help you to move.
- Company Pension Scheme, Life assurance & Wellbeing support.
- We help and support our local communities with lots of Charity Events throughout the year.