As we build our team ahead of our bedroom extension opening this year we have a unique opportunity for a Night Supervisor to join our team.
Magnificent and uniquely inspirational. Cameron House, a 5 star resort nestled on the world-famous bonnie banks of Loch Lomond has reopened following a multi-million pound restoration. Located where the Scottish Highlands meet the Lowlands, the 17th century Baronial estate where Cameron House resides is rich in character and history. With an award-winning Spa with rooftop infinity pool, an 18-hole championship golf course, an extensive array of resort activities, and a choice of six restaurants and five bars that will cater to everyone.
The iconic lochside setting is impressive in its grandeur, celebrated and treasured. Set within 400 acres of beautiful Scottish countryside, adventure is on your doorstep, with Loch Lomond providing the perfect location for water sports and land activities, including speedboat tours, paddle boarding, canoeing and kayaking, 4X4 off-road driving, falconry and more.
Add all the above together, and we have something very special; all that's missing could be you.
THE ROLE - Night Supervisor
Reporting to the Night Manager, and supported by the Head of Night Operations, the scope of your role is to supervise the Front Office nights operation in ensuring the comfort, service and safety of our guests and property through the night.
Key things you will be responsible for supervising:
Warm, friendly and informative welcomes
Enquiries in person, by telephone and by email.
Providing information on resort facilities and promoting guest experiences
Check in and check outs of rooms and suites, rooming guests providing an overview of room facilities and features
Supervising guest and team transportation on and off resort, handling luggage and valet parking
Assisting with room service orders and deliveries
Registration of visitors and contractors
Use of all Front Office IT systems
Basic administration, printing and distribution of reports and night audit.
Fire team responsibilities in the event of an evacuation
Cleanliness and presentation of lobby area and guest corridors
Security patrols, floor walks and fire exit checks throughout the building including the use of Cogard system
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
We recruit people with widely varying personalities from different walks of life and backgrounds. While we don't have a typical' employee, there are some specific qualities or traits we look for.
- People who want to achieve great things - your interest in us suggests you have the ambition, drive and determination to meet challenges head on.
- People who are naturally friendly - who genuinely care about our guests and the service they receive.
- People who will always go beyond what our guests expect from us to make their stay a special and memorable one.
- People who show the same level of care for their team, as our guests - It's about supporting our colleagues to be the best they can be and to do the best job they can.
- People who will respect and protect the magical place we work in - it's up to all of us to look after our environment and never take it for granted.
TO BE ELIGIBLE TO APPLY YOU WILL ALSO NEED:
- Front office experience in a 4/5* Hotel environment
- Great interpersonal skills, with an ability to build excellent working relationships
- Thoroughness, with keen attention to detail
- A flexible approach to work
- Excellent communication skills
- Good IT skills and ability to use hand held technology
- UK Driving Licence Essential
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU?
At Cameron House we can offer fully funded, work-based training and development. Everything from apprenticeships, structured work experience in other businesses and supported scholarships through to graduate programmes, specialist craft training, and formal qualifications up to HND and Degree level.
We offer a generous range of employee benefits and, given what we do and where we are, you'll have plenty of opportunity to make the most of our own five-star facilities. Here's what to expect:
- Free meals when on duty, in our team cafes
- Pension scheme
- Refer-a-friend scheme
- Birthday lunches and long service awards involving recognition with high street shopping vouchers and overnight stays
- Enhanced holidays, rising with long service
- Free Leisure Club Membership, with friends and family discounts.
- Employee care service, offering lifestyle and wellbeing support and counselling via a confidential helpline
- On-site discounts on Cameron House and Cameron Lodges accommodation, 30% off food and beverages, golf membership, spa treatments, Celtic Warrior cruises, outdoor activities and retail products
- Supplier and local business discounts
- Free parking
And while Cameron House itself offers a huge range of activities across 400 acres of Scottish countryside, there's also the wider Loch Lomond and Trossachs National Park on your doorstep - just waiting to be explored in your free time.