We Welcome Happy #happyistheplacetobe
We have a great opportunity for a Night Porter to join the group at Jurys Inn.
We are recruiting for a Night Porter to join our great team. We are looking for an enthusiastic, genuine and friendly person who really enjoys working in hotels and wants to be part of a team that provides great hospitality to our guests, contributing to them having a Happy stay with us.
Experience we are looking for -
- To have worked in a hotel or accommodation services business.
- To be able to work in a fast paced environment and to enjoy it
- To be able to work independently, being self motivated to complete the tasks.
- Flexibility- to enjoy working night shifts, seeing the operation on different days of the week including the weekends.
- Follow hygiene and cleanliness standards to ensure the Hotel is kept clean and tidy.
- To clean public areas- reception, bar, restaurant and toilets, and back of house areas, employee restaurant and changing rooms ensuring they meet the hotel standards.
- To set up conference rooms following the instructions and standards on the conference booking sheet.
- Have a visible presence within the hotel to ensure that all customers request and queries are responded to promptly and effectively.
- Deal with guest queries and complaints in a friendly and efficient manner, ensuring guest satisfaction at all times.
- Conduct fire and floor walks to ensure guest security.
- To work closely with the hotels management team to ensure compliance with all hygiene and health and safety programmes.
- To assist in the smooth running of the food and beverage departments during your shift.
To supervise the activities of the Night Crew, ensuring they are aware of their responsibilities and performing duties to a high standard.
To be familiar with the business, including arrivals, departures and special requests.
To ensure that all customer requests and queries are responded to promptly and effectively and to keep all areas clean and tidy at all times
To follow the company standards and procedures for guest arrivals and departures.
To deal with guest complaints in a friendly and efficient manner, ensuring guest satisfaction at all times.
Training and motivating colleagues.
Ensure all cash, charge, float and till procedures are carried out.
To follow night audit procedures and generate the relevant reports for each department.
Run the relevant back up.
Ensure that all guests are safe and confortable.
Why come and work for us
to receive practical training, development and progression within a dynamic and rapidly expanding company. If you want a career in Hospitality then look no further, we have great programs to support your development towards a long and successful career.
Some of the great benefits of working for us include:
- Earn thousands by referring a friend to work with us
- Stay at one of our Jurys Inn or Leonardo Hotels UK for a hugely discounted rate and get a reduced rate for friends and family if they want to stay too
- Company Pension Scheme, Life assurance & Wellbeing support
- 28 days holiday entitlement including bank holidays, increasing with service to a maximum of 33 days (we even offer Wedding Leave too)
- The opportunity to work for a well-respected brand where people development is at the heart of our culture
- An array of learning courses in which you can attend - the sky is the limit with your development with us, we nourish your skills and talents to develop leaders of the future
- Happy Rewards - earn performance based points and use them towards that desired product you've been meaning to buy or hey even that well deserved day off!!
- Employee of the month earning you a little bonus and fame for that entire month.
- Flexible working hours- shift working is what we do but not split shifts - we want you to have a work-life balance too
- Uniform & Meals on duty
- Monthly / Quarterly engagement activities - we like to have fun while working hard
- Annual Charity Event Day- we help and support our communities
- Lots of locations in the UK and Ireland which mean that if you want to develop or just fancy a change of scenery, we can help you to move and provide relocation support