At RBH we are looking for exceptional people to provide outstanding service to our guests and who put our people at the heart of everything we do.
The Exciting Opportunity
***Full or Part-time positions are available***
An exciting opportunity has arisen as Night Porter at the Hampton by Hilton Manchester Northern Quarter - a 3-star focused service 221-bedroom hotel which opened in November 2020.
As Night Porter, you will report to the Assistant Night Manager, you will be responsible for ensuring the safety and security of hotel guests, staff, and the hotel as a whole on nights. The right candidate will also ensure the highest levels of Hamptonality, hospitality and service are always provided.
As Night Porter you will oversee the running of the hotel from sundown to sunrise. This is a hands on role managing the guest expectations and ensuring the standards of the brand are maintained.
As guests sleep sound in their beds, the Nights team keep everything running like clockwork. Your role as Night Porter will involve taking responsibility for the Food & Beverage Department of the hotel during the night, you will welcome our guests to the hotel in a friendly and helpful manner, ensuring that the public areas are kept immaculate - you will be cleaning public areas.
- Conduct security checks at regular intervals with emphasis on security, and fire safety
- Liaising with guests and residents in the hotel, dealing with any problems and resolving complaints in a courteous and professional manner
- Have full knowledge of OnQ and carry out reception duties as necessary such as late check-ins, early check-outs, extending stays, wake-up calls, enrolling guests onto the Hilton loyalty programme, etc
- Address and resolve questions or queries pertaining to guest enquiries
- Maintain effective key control and high levels of guest security
- Monitor advance deposit and credit procedures in conjunction with the Night Manager
- Providing front desk assistance to guests by telephone or in person, for any enquiries or problems they may have
- Preparing and presenting any night time food and drink that is required from the bar / kitchen
- Set up the breakfast area ready for our guests to have a great breakfast
- Being thoroughly familiar with fire and emergency alarm systems and knowing the exact procedure should there be such an event
- Ensuring the security of the building, undertaking the security and fire checks throughout the night, as well as handling reported noise disturbances.
- Maintaining cleanliness of public areas, including public toilets.
- Projecting a smart and professional image at all times by adhering to the rules regarding grooming, wearing of uniform and maintaining high levels of personal hygiene.
- Keen to work night shifts
- Previous experience in a similar role would be preferred
- Excellent communication skills with confident manner
- Good team player with a flexible approach
- Highly motivated, dedicated and reliable
Where Will You Be Working?
You will be working at the Hampton by Hilton Manchester Norther Quarter. This new hotel boasts 221 guest bedrooms and on it's doorstep within close proximity are bars, restaurants and cultural attractions.
Part of the Hilton family of brands, this exciting role provides an excellent opportunity for a Night Porter to be part of an iconic branded hotel in a competitive market place.
What's In It For You?
People love to work with RBH because
- We focus on health, wellbeing and our communities
- Our people are truly engaged at work
- There's open, clear communication from the top
- We've got great career development opportunities
- There's a culture of transformation and innovation
We will give you a competitive salary and opportunities to learn new skills and grow your career. You will receive a benefits package that includes;
- Everyday discounts from high street retailers
- Opportunities to be involved in charity and community events
- Career opportunities, training and help with course fees
- Discounted hotel room rates for you AND your friends and family that will make you really popular!
- Incentive programmes
- Flexible working arrangements because we know your life comes first
- Free meals on duty
- Healthcare plans and Insurance plans (just in case)
The Bigger Picture
With a real focus on performance, people, quality, profit and communities at RBH we transform hotels.
RBH is an independent hotel management company, working in partnership with six of the most prestigious hotel brands including IHG, Hilton, Starwood, Accor, Marriott and Wyndham. At RBH we stand out from our peers, transforming hotels to perform exceptionally.
So if you have the ambition to continuously improve, deliver results with excellence, show that you care and act with integrity then come and join us, this is just the job for you!