At Cairn Group we're ambitious. With a varied and extensive UK portfolio of hotels, bars and restaurants in our portfolio, we're focused on continual growth and are in it for the long haul. We are a family owned business with family values at our core, with a growing team and sites UK wide.
About the role
The moment a guest steps into one of our hotels, whether it be day or night, they walk into a genuinely memorable experience. You'll not only be the person they rely on to handle transactions, offer local insights and anticipate every detail of a friction-free experience, you'll also create the warm atmosphere that makes our guests feel at home in any location.
You'll also be responsible for the security of the hotel and it's guests overnight, as well and completing a number of administrative and preparation duties. This could include night security checks around the hotel, room service from our night menu, setting up of service areas (such as breakfast, or conference and banqueting), and basic cleaning tasks. You'll also handle cash/credit transactions and complete/ support in completing, cash/car reconciliation for the hotel.
The successful candidate will have previous reception and night working experience ideally within a hotel environment. Experience with Opera PMS is advantageous.
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and customer relation skills to ensure a seamless and memorable experience, proactively resolving any challenges that may arise
- Flexible and adaptable, with the ability to stay calm under pressure, adapting your approach to complete routine and non-routine tasks
- High attention to detail and accuracy - great at managing one's own time
- As you may be working alone, or as part of a small team, it's important you also work well under your own initiative