Why join Apex Hotels?
You'll receive a warm welcome into the Apex family on joining us as a Night Porter. We genuinely care about our guests and each other and we show this through our family values of Trust, Passion, Friendliness and Teamwork. We encourage you to bring your own unique personality to the role and to be yourself whilst working. We believe it is our personality, style and friendliness that makes Apex Hotels.
You will meet great people, have fun at work, develop new friendships, learn new skills, and of course you will also receive a competitive rate of pay and a generous range of employee benefits which includes:
- 20.5 days holiday based on 4 on 4 off pattern
- Access to an external Employee Assistance Programme
- Financial Wellbeing App Wagestream, allowing you the flexibility to get paid earlier than your normal monthly pay date
- Inhouse company interactive employee communication APP
- Entry to our state-of-the-art gym and pools
- Healthy meals to enjoy while you're working
- Training and development from day one
- Employee events and celebrations
- £200 referral bonus when your friends or family join the team
And once you smash your probation, you'll also receive
- Contributions to a pension scheme
- Critical Illness & Death in Service cover
- Access to our employee of the quarter and annual recognition schemes
- Long service recognition
- 50% discount in our restaurants
- Probation pass and annual anniversary complimentary guest experience overnight stay and dinner for two
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Discounted room rates for employees, friends, and family
- Spa discount
Starting your Journey:
As a Night Porter, you will be responsible for delivering a high level of service to all our guests. Working in Reception and offering a warm welcome to all our guests you will ensure the building is safe and secure overnight and that all guests requirements are catered for.
You will be responsible for your own work and take pride in the high standard of customer service and organisation whilst adhering to all health and safety guidelines.
As a Night Porter, you will embrace every opportunity to create extra special moments for our guests to provide a personal experience our guests will want to share.
Joining the dedicated Front Office department, you will:
- Greet our guests with a friendly hello and an infectious smile
- Ensure that the Guest Check in/out procedure is seamless including taking payments
- Provide accurate information to Guests regarding the local area as well as offering an excellent overall knowledge of all Hotel facilities and services.
- Answer phone calls and emails
- Create brilliant customer service and a fun environment in order to promote guest loyalty
- Carry out security walks and general hotel security
- Deal with guest complaints, questions or issues
- Deal with Reactive maintenance during the night and also deal with emergencies or fire evacuations
- Be the first point of contact during the night for guests and the General Manager when off site
- Serve drinks after the bar staff have gone home and provide room service if required
- General cleaning duties throughout the night and set up the restaurant for breakfast
- Any other reasonable task set by the General Manager or Duty Manager
As a Night Porter, you will have excellent organisational skills and attention to detail in order to provide consistent standards. This is a vital role in the function of the hotel and ultimately the service provided to our guests before, during and after their stay. You will love chatting to our guests offering help and assistance, you will be great at multi-tasking, you will be efficient at solving all guest enquiries and all with a smile and infectious personality!
On your first day you will begin a structured 12 week learning journey, giving you the skills, knowledge and confidence to be a great Night Porter. With this in mind, we are looking for a Night Porter who:
- Can deliver excellent standards
- Uses initiative
- is self-aware and able to evaluate their own work
- has a customer service attitude
- has the ability to multi-task and organise a variable work load
- provides excellent attention to detail
- holds a genuine desire to provide a Warmer Welcome to our guests
We encourage you to bring your true self to work - we recruit for attitude and train for skill. We'll provide great training and development opportunities, allowing you to flourish in a fun and fulfilling career, reaching your dreams and aspirations. So, whatever your vibe, our family can never be too big, there's a place here for you. We have one ask - that you bring your personality, ideas, and spark. We're an innovative, thriving business and we want you to be part of our exciting journey.
If this is you, press "Click Apply" . We look forward to hearing from you.