We have an exciting new opportunity for a Night Manager to join our team. This is a Cluster role where you will be required to work across any of our 4 Edinburgh city centre properties. You will be the main point of contact for all hotel emergencies and represent the Cluster Front Office Manager, Cluster Operations Managers, and the Cluster GM in their absences.
You will assist the Cluster Front Office Manager in the running of the Night's operation for your cluster of hotels. You will ensure effective processes, procedures and systems are in place, aligned with our Purpose and Values and standards. As the Cluster Night Manager, you will ensure the team delivers an effective and enjoyable experience to all guests across all sites.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Responsible for execution of tasks outlined in the Night Managers Manual and checklists including all safe, cash handling and balancing procedures.
- Liaise with all department heads on a daily basis to ensure we create memories guests will want to share.
- In the absence of Senior Managers, HODs, Assistant HODs, act as the main point of contact for the Hotel and coordinate all departmental activities as appropriate.
- Plan and communicate VIP arrivals to the hotel team.
- Crisis & Security Management including but not limited to all items in the Hotels Crisis Management Manuals.
- Ensure the Night teams have appropriate tools and training to complete their tasks
- Practice accountability and ensure your team do the same. Work with the People's division and the Cluster Front Office Manager on all People matters including ER & Wellbeing, Resource & Engagement, and Learning & Development.
- Be present in lobby and reception during peak times and support your team
- Promote a selling culture amongst the Night team and review results daily
- Lead the Night team to deliver exceptional arrival, inhouse and departure experiences, Night Room Service menu offerings etc. Complete regular quality checks.
- Act on all guest feedback, positive and negative. Respond to Guest reviews and update guest profiles accordingly.
You will be well organised, be an excellent communicator and be committed to building and developing the team. Specific requirements include:
- Customer centric driven with a clear focus and ability to enhance the customer journey
- Clear and influencing communicator with the ability to interact across all levels
- Ability to adapt and drive a continuous growth and transformational mindset
- Identifies and manages best resources to achieve targets
- Builds and develops a guest centric team culture
- A strong understanding of related Health and Safety requirements
- Coaching, supporting and challenging approach to deliver operational targets
Why join Apex Hotels?
We genuinely care about our guests and each other and we show this through our family values of Trust, Passion, Friendliness and Teamwork. It's these family values that help us take our guest experiences to the next level, where we provide a personalised service to all our guests that they'll want to share.
With 10 four-star hotels throughout the UK, we like to think of our hotels as members of the family, each with their own personality and style. Although each of our hotels has its own character, whatever one our guests choose to stay at, they'll get a great night's sleep and a warm welcome. The key to it all is you, our employees.
We also offer great benefits which include:
- Contributions to a pension scheme
- Critical illness cover
- 29 days holiday
- Access to our state-of-the-art gym and pools
- Healthy meals to enjoy while you're working
- 50% discount in our restaurants
- Guest experience overnight stay and dinner for 2 after 3 months
- Spa discount
- Referral bonus when your friends or family join the team
- Discounted room rates
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Discounts with external companies only available to Apex team members
- Ongoing training and development
If you are interested, click apply. We look forward to hearing from you!