We have a unique opportunity for a Night Manager to join our Nights team ahead of our bedroom extension this year.
Magnificent and uniquely inspirational. Cameron House, a 5 star resort nestled on the world-famous bonnie banks of Loch Lomond has reopened following a multi-million pound restoration. Located where the Scottish Highlands meet the Lowlands, the 17th century Baronial estate where Cameron House resides is rich in character and history. With an award-winning Spa with rooftop infinity pool, an 18-hole championship golf course, an extensive array of resort activities, and a choice of six restaurants and five bars that will cater to everyone.
The iconic lochside setting is impressive in its grandeur, celebrated and treasured. Set within 400 acres of beautiful Scottish countryside, adventure is on your doorstep, with Loch Lomond providing the perfect location for water sports and land activities, including speedboat tours, paddle boarding, canoeing and kayaking, 4X4 off-road driving, falconry and more.
Add all the above together, and we have something very special; all that's missing could be you.
THE ROLE - NIGHT MANAGER
Working closely with the Head of Night Operations, and reporting to the Front office Manager as one of two Night Managers, the scope of the role is one of Duty Manager, and to lead the Front Office Reception and Porter team in ensuring the comfort, service and safety of our guests and property through the nighttime hours.
Key things you will be responsible for managing:
- Warm, friendly and informative welcomes
- Handling enquiries and guest feedback
- Providing information on resort facilities and promoting guest experiences
- Check ins and check outs for rooms and suites, rooming guests and providing an overview of room facilities and features
- Co-ordination of guest and team transportation on and off resort, handling luggage and valet parking
- Registration of visitors and contractors
- Use of all Front Office IT systems including Microsoft Office, Resort Suite, HotSOS, Bartech and VingCard.
- Basic administration, printing and distribution of reports and carrying out night audit
- Fire controller responsibilities in the event of an evacuation
- Cleanliness and presentation of lobby area and guest corridors
- Security patrols, floor walks and fire exit checks throughout the building including the use of Cogard system
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
We recruit people with widely varying personalities from different walks of life and backgrounds. While we don't have a typical' employee, there are some specific qualities or traits we look for.
- People who want to achieve great things - your interest in us suggests you have the ambition, drive and determination to meet challenges head on.
- People who are naturally friendly - who genuinely care about our guests and the service they receive.
- People who will always go beyond what our guests expect from us to make their stay a special and memorable one.
- People who show the same level of care for their team, as our guests - It's about supporting our colleagues to be the best they can be and to do the best job they can.
- People who will respect and protect the magical place we work in - it's up to all of us to look after our environment and never take it for granted.
TO BE ELIGIBLE TO APPLY YOU WILL ALSO NEED:
- Degree/HND in Hospitality or related field or equivalent experience
- Recent Front Office/Duty Management experience within 100+ bedroom hotel at 4/5* standard
- Strong IT skills
- Proven ability to quickly build excellent working relationships, and a flexible approach to work
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to present effectively verbally and in writing
- IOSH Managing Safely Qualification or equivalent
- First Aid at Work
- Full UK driving licence
- Personal licence and Rehis Intermediate Food Safety or Equivalent Qualifications an advantage
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU?
At Cameron House we can offer fully funded, work-based training and development. Everything from apprenticeships, structured work experience in other businesses and supported scholarships through to graduate programmes, specialist craft training, and formal qualifications up to HND and Degree level.
We offer a generous range of employee benefits and, given what we do and where we are, you'll have plenty of opportunity to make the most of our own five-star facilities. Here's what to expect:
- Free meals when on duty, in our team cafes
- Pension scheme
- Refer-a-friend scheme
- Birthday lunches and long service awards involving recognition with high street shopping vouchers and overnight stays
- Enhanced holidays, rising with long service
- Free Leisure Club Membership, with friends and family discounts.
- Employee care service, offering lifestyle and wellbeing support and counselling via a confidential helpline
- On-site discounts on Cameron House and Cameron Lodges accommodation, 30% off food and beverages, golf membership, spa treatments, Celtic Warrior cruises, outdoor activities and retail products
- Supplier and local business discounts - from cinema tickets, car hire and airport parking to mobile phones, leisure activities and high street retailers
- Free parking
And while Cameron House itself offers a huge range of activities across 400 acres of Scottish countryside, there's also the wider Loch Lomond and Trossachs National Park on your doorstep - just waiting to be explored in your free time.