- Job Reference: 00004877-1
- Date Posted: 10 January 2022
- Recruiter: Dumfries Museum
- Location: Dumfries Museum, Rotchell Road, Dumfries, DG2 7SW
- Salary: On Application
- Bonus/Benefits: £18,264 - £18,678
- Sector: Temp, Interim & Seasonal, Venue, Attraction, Travel and Entertainment, Customer Service
- Job Type: Permanent
Museum Attendants are responsible for safeguarding museum exhibitions and buildings and for keeping facilities clean and tidy. Working front of house, they ensure that museum visitors enjoy their visit by providing a high quality of customer service. This involves answering queries and the sale of goods and tickets.
You should be a reliable, trustworthy, conscientious and enthusiastic person with good general education and experience of cleaning and keeping public facilities in good order. A high level of communication and customer care skills are essential as are experience of working in visitor services and with security systems. Basic computer skills and a current driving licence are desirable.
The postholder may be asked to provide cover for annual leave and sickness at our 6 museum venues in Dumfries, Sanquhar and Annan. They will support curatorial staff including assisting with museum exhibitions and family activities.
The post is full time, 36 hours per week over five days, Tuesday to Saturday inclusive.