Keeping our Aparthotel running smoothly is vital to our guest's experience - as a Team Member you'll keep everything looking sharp and running like clockwork. From simple repairs to forward-thinking for the next day. With naturally high standards to support our own, you'll approach every task with devotion and pride.
- welcome and greet guests and answering calls
- Dealing reservations and room allocation
- Assist check guests in/out if required
- confirm relevant guest information and verify payment method
- issue room keys and direct guests to their rooms where applicable
- listen and respond to guest queries and requests both in-person and by phone/email
- liaise with necessary staff including housekeeping to address any problems or complaints made by guests
- complete and maintain any incident reports, daily activity reports or other reports requested by management
- maintain a neat and orderly front desk and reception area
- Respond and attend to guest repair requests.
- Understand and operate electrical, plumbing, and boiler systems
- Check for new maintenance requests from the PMS and update remarks once the task is complete
- Ability to prioritise and organize work assignments.
- Ability to read and understand test equipment, measuring devices, and safety manuals
- Preform maintenance activities in the guest room like plunging toilets, unclogging drains, repairing all types of hardware, electrical equipment including lamps etc.,
- Program TV's and perform general Housekeeping and maintenance-related inventory duties.
- To be available for any emergencies and act in an engineering capacity to protect guests and preserve the building and its systems during the emergency.
- Maintain maintenance inventory and requisition parts and supplies as needed.
What we need from you
- Experience working in a similar role
- On top of building equipment and hand tools, you'll have a working knowledge of basic plumbing, electrics and preventative maintenance procedures.
- Must speak fluent English.
Why you should apply
- Annual bonus for all Team Members
- Fantastic career potential with one of the UK's fastest growing hotel operators
- Employees staff rates across our properties
- Complimentary overnight stays in our properties
- Retention bonus on completion of 3 and 6 month service
- Service based annual leave (increase up to a maximum of 5 extra days)
Stewart Apart Hotel is located in the heart of Edinburgh. Stone throw from the eclectic mix of boutique shops, vibrant bars and restaurants of George Street. Excellent Transport links and short walking distance form all the main attractions of the city.
In line with the requirements of the Asylum & Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process